RIP Puddles

CoriM

Crowing
Jun 6, 2019
My sweet duck Puddles passed away today, unexpectedly, while doing her favorite thing - swimming in my flooded back yard. She was a three and a half year old Pekin. In recent months she was having trouble walking, was carried around a bit, but was still happy and enjoying life. She had a beautiful pink beak, and always was making eye contact with us from the time she was tiny, which set her apart a bit from the other ducklings. She was the queen of my duck coop, and even just this morning stood on the coop step quacking her incredibly loud quack to get the rest of the ducks to come in, at which they all obeyed her. When she was a baby she developed splay leg and that is what led me to find BYC, through which I've gained such an education on ducks, and also made some friends along the way. I will never forget all the assistance and encouragement I received here in regards to Puddles, and all my other ducks. Thank you especially to @Miss Lydia who was one of the first to help me on this site, and since has helped me many times, and to all the rest of you who have spent your time helping me and others.

I'm attaching a video of her walking with her hobbles after her legs started getting stronger, and a few pictures in memory of her 💔

IMG_0412 (1).JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG

My sweet duck Puddles passed away today, unexpectedly, while doing her favorite thing - swimming in my flooded back yard. She was a three and a half year old Pekin. In recent months she was having trouble walking, was carried around a bit, but was still happy and enjoying life. She had a beautiful pink beak, and always was making eye contact with us from the time she was tiny, which set her apart a bit from the other ducklings. She was the queen of my duck coop, and even just this morning stood on the coop step quacking her incredibly loud quack to get the rest of the ducks to come in, at which they all obeyed her. When she was a baby she developed splay leg and that is what led me to find BYC, through which I've gained such an education on ducks, and also made some friends along the way. I will never forget all the assistance and encouragement I received here in regards to Puddles, and all my other ducks. Thank you especially to @Miss Lydia who was one of the first to help me on this site, and since has helped me many times, and to all the rest of you who have spent your time helping me and others.

I'm attaching a video of her walking with her hobbles after her legs started getting stronger, and a few pictures in memory of her 💔

View attachment 3360773View attachment 3360774View attachment 3360777
I'm so sorry for your loss of Puddles. Love and hugs and prayers for you to find peace.

View attachment 3360773View attachment 3360774View attachment 3360777
I'm so sorry for your loss Cori :(
She was so beautiful. Rest in peace Puddles

Back
Top Bottom