River system incubator any good?

hellfire

Songster
8 Years
Nov 5, 2013
Plymouth Devon UK
Has anyone used a River system ET super automatic incubator at all?
After another incubator and recent looked at this one but wondering why it’s so much cheaper that other makes.
The incubator shop sell them.
Thanks

Attachments

• 833D12B1-3EFA-4C95-95D0-9C7ECA0D3914.png
    833D12B1-3EFA-4C95-95D0-9C7ECA0D3914.png
    729.7 KB · Views: 23
I have the 24 automatic unit, it was good the first year, got good results now I have a terrible hatch rate. I do everything by the book, use bought in eggs and well as my own eggs I produce on my small holding. Pheasants, ducks , chickens all the same bad hatch rates. When it's sitting next to my Brinsea and the Brinsea has a hatch rate that's far superior I'd say it's the River systems incubator that's the problem. I have late hatches too, no pipping until at least 24-5 days and so more feet/leg problems from being in the shell too long. Also more than my fair share of late death as well, where as nothing like this with the Brinsea. I would not buy another Riversystem incubator
I have read elsewhere people have had problems with the thermostat and it not giving an accurate reading, that makes sense as to why I am struggling. Maybe after a year or two the components start to play up?
I think the humidity is a bit hit and miss too which of course, doesn't help.

I’ve got this incubator last year and ended up with 23 babies out of 24. This year 1 out of 7. Got last two in there and look like going no where to be honest but I just candled them and the base of the eggs feel cold. Haven’t noticed this before. I also had a duck egg in there that was due to hatch today. I moved it over to my brinsea two days ago in the hope I can keep it going but it looks very far behind on development. I reckon a week behind where it should be. The motor seems more chuggy this than I remember it and I was worried about it when I put the eggs in but then one goose hatched so thought I had just been paranoid. Then the others didn’t hatch…….

Back
Top Bottom