Browndogsanctuary

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2021
My rooster, Bobbo, was accidentally run over by a lawn mower today while it was backing up. It is a Club Cadet tractor mower. I looked at the many feathers he lost, and there wasn’t any blood. He has an eye infection that he is taking medicine for, and the eye has some blood in it. He can walk and is just standing around. He hasn’t coughed up and blood, but hasn’t eaten or drank. Please help me figure out if he’s ok and what to do to help him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    751.1 KB · Views: 30
Oof... 😓 i feel bad for your rooster. where was he ran over? Im not sure about this but if he was run over on the middle part he might have an upset or hurt stomach. Try feeding him some chicken pellets, something easier to swallow.

Were the blades engaged and running? What was the deck setting on the mower, was it all the way up or much lower? Did you thoroughly inspect him head to toe for any cuts, abrasions or anything out of the ordinary?

He might be in shock. You have to get him to eat and drink. If anything, give him one drop of Poultry Nutri Drench 3 times a day until he recovers from his ordeal. The bottle comes with an eyedropper in order to administer the liquid orally.
Have someone gently hold him while you pull down on his wattles (his mouth will open), then quickly shoot the liquid in his mouth and quickly release his wattles so he can swallow the liquid Nutri Drench.

poultry-nutri-drench.jpg

Oof... 😓 i feel bad for your rooster. where was he ran over? Im not sure about this but if he was run over on the middle part he might have an upset or hurt stomach. Try feeding him some chicken pellets, something easier to swallow.
Thank you for responding, but he’s actually completely fine now. You couldn’t tell he was hit and he’s acting like his normal self. Thanks for your concern. ❤️

Were the blades engaged and running? What was the deck setting on the mower, was it all the way up or much lower? Did you thoroughly inspect him head to toe for any cuts, abrasions or anything out of the ordinary?

He might be in shock. You have to get him to eat and drink. If anything, give him one drop of Poultry Nutri Drench 3 times a day until he recovers from his ordeal. The bottle comes with an eyedropper in order to administer the liquid orally.
Have someone gently hold him while you pull down on his wattles (his mouth will open), then quickly shoot the liquid in his mouth and quickly release his wattles so he can swallow the liquid Nutri Drench.

View attachment 3197623
Thanks so much for the detailed advice, but after a couple hours he recovered and is now back to normal. You wouldn’t guess he even got hit, it’s really a miracle. I inspected him for any cuts or broken bones, but none were found. I think maybe just the edge of the wheel nicked him. I appreciate your help and concern ❤️

Back
Top Bottom