Roosters that DONT Crow!!!

you can techinically pay to have a rooster's vocal cords removed but it would be expensive and honestly not very fair to the animal. another way to minimize crowing is to have the rooster castrated, but it isn't foolproof. but there is no breed that won't crow at least occasionally.

by the way, no one means to be mean or rude to you, it's just that we've all wished once in a while there were non-crowing roosters, as much as some people wish thier dogs didn't bark or thier kittens always stayed little balls of fluff, but the fact it, all of those things simply do not happen and that's the way life goes unless we do something drastic and unnatural to change it
hu.gif

Quote:
Well I forgot the picture from tonight but here is one I got of him the week I got him an right after he got into a fight with the roo he came with. it atleast shows what he looks like..

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...593908_100002100667846_464513_249366396_n.jpg

XD You posted this bird on my non-crowing roosters board under 'breeds, genetics, and showing'

Oh! Was that your's also!? I didnt notice that lol shows how much I pay attention!! xD

lol.png
I'm sorry, I can't help it~ I wouldn't crow either if I looked like that poor thing!
lau.gif
He's so ugly he's cute!
smile.png

I had a roo that rarely crowed and when he did it was really muted. When he was roo #2 I thought that was the reason, but when he became roo #1 he still didn't crow much. Big ol' Partridge Rock boy that weighed about 13 lbs and had spurs around 2.5 in. long....all male, beautiful and regal...barely crowed. Guess he didn't need to...

I had a rooster that did not crow till he was way over a year and a half old. he was low in the domince line though
hu.gif

doubleatraining

How old are they? what breed?

Last edited:
Ok, i am sorry i was not trying to be mean at all to you. I just thought it was very funny. Trust this is not the worst question i have heard, i have had a couple show up wanting to buy just a pet bird and wanted me to show them that was litter trained LMAO
lau.gif
but, there are several diffrent breeds that have really pretty females, d'uccle, spangled sussex, ,orloffs are hard to find breed but really pretty. I sometimes think i would be better of with out the noise makers but, i keep them around just like i keep my dh.

Quote:
Well I forgot the picture from tonight but here is one I got of him the week I got him an right after he got into a fight with the roo he came with. it atleast shows what he looks like..

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...593908_100002100667846_464513_249366396_n.jpg

Please don't take this wrong ,alot of reason.......but note how his comb, and rest of his face is real pale. Bet if what is causing that found ,and he got his bright red color..bet he would CROW.

Last edited:
Quote:

Please don't take this wrong ,alot of reason.......but note how his comb, and rest of his face is real pale. Bet if what is causing that found ,and he got his bright red color..bet he would CROW.

roll.png
Notice I ALSO said that this was when I first got him (that same week) an right after he got into a fight with the roo he was being quarinteened with (that roo has since passed away because of the fight).. He was still in shock in that photo and since then he's got his color back an his scabs are completely gone an STILL NO CROWING!
wink.png

He's completely back to his old self of tryin to tear you a new ars where as in that photo he didnt even put up a fight because he was so sore.
That photo was only to show what he looks like since I forgot the updated picture of him tonight so, what would it be next? Im tellin you this roo does NOT crow!

Back
Top Bottom