Rose's tiny flock

Rosekitten

Songster
6 Years
May 11, 2018
Rockingham, NC
I figured documenting from day one would be neat and people might enjoy it. They'll be coming in Tuesday and there should be 6 likely a few extra). All of them will be silver lace cochin so that'll be interesting. I started to get a mixed flock but the hatch dates weren't lining up so I went with one I have been wanted for years.

Even though I am not new to chickens I am very nervous. The price I paid for this small amount was a little crazy to me and being punished as I didn't order 15 or more chicks.. (there was an upcharge of 20$ for that alone..).

I admit I have lurked and learned a lot over the years and the folks here have been beyond helpful whenever I had questions and concerns. <3

That’s goooood.
Aw I’m glad it’s finely happening. Aw don’t say that I’m sure he’ll be beautiful.
You have no idea, I've been waiting years. I took care of my house mates flock back in GA and it renewed my want.. and I had to wait. But I doubt we'll be moving any time soon so we decided we may as well.

Well I have everything to get started. Now to wait till tomorrow when they should be at the post office. Brooder plate, heat lamp (a ceramic lamp too just in case.. cause I got a super large bin. But I'll be blocking half of it off till I ensure they understand eating and drinking).

Temp gauge, water and feed holder. And various little things for when they are a bit older. Wanted to test ideas with giving them things to mess with like mirrors and other toys.

I am slightly freaking out as my shipped date was yesterday and it's estimating the 10th. I hope that email was right from the hatchery in that they get to their destination far faster than the estimate..

Last edited:
Well I have everything to get started. Now to wait till tomorrow when they should be at the post office. Brooder plate, heat lamp (a ceramic lamp too just in case.. cause I got a super large bin. But I'll be blocking half of it off till I ensure they understand eating and drinking).

Temp gauge, water and feed holder. And various little things for when they are a bit older. Wanted to test ideas with giving them things to mess with like mirrors and other toys.

I am slightly freaking out as my shipped date was yesterday and it's estimating the 10th. I hope that email was right from the hatchery in that they get to their destination far faster than the estimate..
Aw that’s so egg-citing
Sounds like you have a really nice place set up for them.
Oh dear. Yeah I’m sure it’s all okay.

We got one extra from what we ordered and I assume the blue dot one is the roo I had ordered.. XD no deaths on arrival and all seem healthy. They had a heat pack in there too so I'm sure that really helped!
20240508_093209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom