Royal Palm sexing help, please?

babymakes6

Gifted
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
far west Ohio
I have a Royal Palm that is about 4 months old. Should I be able to tell if it is a hen by now? I am getting another young hen next week and I also am planning to get a tom. I need to know: is "Christmas" a hen?

23598_248.jpg

23598_247.jpg

Almost no snood at all. Hen, but I'm not a turkey expert. But my RP had a bigger snood by 4 months.

I am not a turkey expert eather, but I have 7 Royal Palms not too much older than yours and the Toms in the group have started to gobble and strut around. Before that they had started to get little ball things (lol no idea what its called) on their neck where the feathers stop and the skin is bare. I don't see any on yours and it looks just like my hens, so my guess is a hen. You could also try chopping wood. I have come to find my Toms gobble when I split wood.
smile.png

Thank you all very much for your help. I am glad to know I was right!
smile.png
This is my first and only turkey, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

These two birds are about 19 weeks old. They were suppose to be a tom and a hen. One is slightly larger, but other than that they look the same. They both started to develop caruncles in the last couple of days. What do you guy think...toms or hens?

31140_dsc04043.jpg

31140_dsc04042.jpg

Back
Top Bottom