Royal Palm Turkey Not Laying

Alexxxdimmm

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2023
I have had my Royal Palm turkey since she was a few days old. She is 11 to 12 months old. She weighs approx 15 lbs, maybe a little under. I have yet to get a single egg from this bird.
I live in soutern CA, she has been cage free until the last week, fed a 20% protein feed. I had multiple turkeys but they didnt make it, last ones were killed in a coyote attack in November. I want to know, does anyone have any insight into why this bird is not laying eggs? She has food, nest, chicken friends, water, but not a single egg. Any thoughts?

I find them buried in the bedding in corners and between things.
One year I was checking a fence line most days looking for eggs. One day I seen an egg poking out from under a leaf. There was about a DZ buried.

thiS one isnt lAying

I have had my Royal Palm turkey since she was a few days old. She is 11 to 12 months old. She weighs approx 15 lbs, maybe a little under. I have yet to get a single egg from this bird.
I live in soutern CA, she has been cage free until the last week, fed a 20% protein feed. I had multiple turkeys but they didnt make it, last ones were killed in a coyote attack in November. I want to know, does anyone have any insight into why this bird is not laying eggs? She has food, nest, chicken friends, water, but not a single egg. Any thoughts?
Post pictures of the turkey in question.

Back
Top Bottom