Jun 20, 2020
So for a while he was feeling alot of itchiness I checked for mites or bugs and he has none, so I guessed it was his new feathers. He used to have crooked toes so I have healing pads on for him, so flying is a bit difficult 🥺🙄 he keeps trying to fly and he does then he falls then keep trying again and he doesn't seem to give up, the due of the pads should be in two days, I don't want to remove them early because bone damage may become serious if not treated nicely )): how to stop his flying attempts? He's still pretty weak and I don't think he will be fine hanging outside.the brooder. (P.s he's trying again as I write the post and he keeps falling and making a mess lol, fell into the water like four times, had to dry him each time and dry the house brooder lol) and like is his flying bad because of the weight the healing pads have on him? Will he fly higher without them?

He may be trying to escape the pads on his feet or the discomfort they are causing. I would try removing them to see if it helps.

Are there other chicks in with it?

He may be trying to escape the pads on his feet or the discomfort they are causing. I would try removing them to see if it helps.

He used to walk around with them fine 🥺🥺 but I'm going to remove them tomorrow (it's gonna be exactly two weeks since I put them) 🙄 they seem to be affecting his job though, making him heavy perhaps .

But idk if his fly is just too small or just because of not having the full access of his legs which is kinda worrying tbh also is it okay to have him roaming around? He's always been so weak, energetic but like weak legs or so. Can't walk alot and growing slowly.

See how he does without them. How old is he? Chicks get move busy, and active. as they grow, so he may be ready for more room, and things to do.

But idk if his fly is just too small or just because of not having the full access of his legs which is kinda worrying tbh also is it okay to have him roaming around? He's always been so weak, energetic but like weak legs or so. Can't walk alot and growing slowly.
Can you cover his pen? It's best if he's confined so you don't accidentally step on him or he gets stuck somewhere.

See how he does without them. How old is he? Chicks get move busy, and active. as they grow, so he may be ready for more room, and things to do.

He's like two months old, almost three but his growth rate is so slow 🙄 not as big as his siblings , like maybe a body of a 6 weeks old or 5. I can cover the brooder bit like won't it hurt his head if he tries to fly? Bump his head or so?

Back
Top Bottom