saddest thing you've watched?

It's a bit over the top for an insurance ad IMO.
And if he had money (like he said) then wouldn't he have paid for a blood transfer instead of euthanising himself to give his daughter blood?! Or do they not do that there :idunno

National geographic posted a documentary about I think they were gray whales migrating to their summer feeding grounds. It show cased a mom and her baby making the trip later than the others because the baby had to grow some to make the distance. Enter the killer whales sneaking up on them....It showed the mother trying to hurry the young one along because she knew killer whales were in the distance, but the baby got tired.
It showed the killer whales stalking and trying to separate the baby from the potentially dangerous mother, and finally they managed; they drove this baby away from it's mother and proceeded to take turns diving on top of it until it drowned. Then they showed the wrenching sight of the mother nuzzling the floating baby, trying to bring it back to life.
The whole thing made me sad and sick, especially since the killers weren't killing for food. They just left it to rot.

I watched this documentary/propaganda film called "Earthlings" that showed all the ways that humans misuse animals. It showed a fox that had been skinned alive because it survived the "killing" part, Dolphins being hacked open on docks in Asia in front of school children walking by, the baby seals of course, gas chambers at low budget animal shelters, all the way to leather that comes from India where cows are supposed to be sacred. Not sure why I sat through it, it was just terrible. So bad I couldn't look away I guess.

"Black Beauty" still chokes me up. Not a lot of movies can get to me, until they put an animal in it. I saw the one with the whales on Nat Geo too, so sad! Another one was killer whales trying to wash a seal off of a sheet of ice, creating waves. It went on forever it seemed like, the finally got the seal. Then tortured it further to teach the young killer whales to hunt. Just when you thought the seal would get away, it didn't.

Now one of the funniest clips I've seen was when the guy was riding his bike cross country in Africa and this giant Antelope comes out of no where, on the big expanse of savannah, tries to jump over the guy and crashes into him. Sends the biker flying. Crazy! Caught on film from a helmet cam on the biker behind him. Big grassy area, cruising a long, then BAM! Close encounter with an Antelope.

Back
Top Bottom