Sally's GF3 thread

The EWO have grown well all winter!
Pardon the weeds.
20240328_185755.jpg

I think they are starting to make the topset babies?

20240328_185736.jpg

Thank you! 😊

I spent a couple hours going through my seeds. So. Many. Tomato. Seeds!

I have it narrowed down. A lot. I think.

Maybe I need another garden. :lau No, no, no.

Some things I'm trying for the first time:
Chard
Collards
Yellow Beets
Cucamelon

I'm going to plant some red beets, just because I have the seed. I'll grow those for the greens. The yellow beets I bought in the store were much better than I remember red beets tasting. I bought golden beet seed, and I'll plant those separately, so I know which is which. Yellow beets for beets, red beets for greens.

That sounds colorful.
You're back! (posting here)
:jumpy
I've grown Swiss chard, yellow ("golden") beets, and collards. All are easy, delicious, and nutritious.

You're back! (posting here)
:jumpy
I've grown Swiss chard, yellow ("golden") beets, and collards. All are easy, delicious, and nutritious.
:frow

I am really looking forward to this year's garden. The greens, especially. I'm hoping for lots and lots of greens; enough that I say, oh my goodness! what to do with them all?

Spinach and kale have been hit and mostly miss for me, for some reason. My stepdad said not to feel bad about lack of success with spinach, as "Spinach grows where spinach wants to grow." But kale? That's supposed to be easy-peasy, lemon squeezy.

I have some pots of baby spinach and kale, and I think I'm going to transplant them out to the garden in about a week. That will free up 8 pots for starting something else!

Peppers:
Habanero, Jalapeno, Red Cayenne, Sweet Banana, King of the North

Cucamelon

Tomatoes:
Ace 55
Amish Paste
Italian Heirloom
Black Krim
Anna Russian
Hungarian Heart
Sun Gold
Sun Sugar
Honey Comb
Orange Paruche
Pineapple

Cherry Tomatoes:
Black Cherry
Cherry Sweetie
Large Crimson Grape
Cherry Fountain
Sun Gold Cherry

Ran out of pots. Need to get the spinach and kale moved out so I can plant some Luffa and ... ?

Peppers:
Habanero, Jalapeno, Red Cayenne, Sweet Banana, King of the North

Cucamelon

Tomatoes:
Ace 55
Amish Paste
Italian Heirloom
Black Krim
Anna Russian
Hungarian Heart
Sun Gold
Sun Sugar
Honey Comb
Orange Paruche
Pineapple

Cherry Tomatoes:
Black Cherry
Cherry Sweetie
Large Crimson Grape
Cherry Fountain
Sun Gold Cherry

Ran out of pots. Need to get the spinach and kale moved out so I can plant some Luffa and ... ?
Wow.

A bunch of the "tomatoes" are seed that I got from a friend. When I look them up, they're all cherry tomatoes. Sigh. And hybrids. This is his saved seed, so I don't know what I'll get.

But, to make a positive out of it, I really want to dry a lot of cherry tomatoes this year. Dried fruit (tomatoes are botanically a fruit, after all) is a favorite snack for me.

I got a text asking, Is this Sally?

"Who wants to know?"

Turns out it was a real estate agent wondering "if you were able to get the right price, would you be open to listing it with our agent?"

I texted back, "Nope. Not for sale. Ever. Any price. Our slice of heaven and we'll leave horizontally."

Please leave me alone. We're not selling our house or our acreage.

How did they get my cell phone number....?

I got a text asking, Is this Sally?

"Who wants to know?"

Turns out it was a real estate agent wondering "if you were able to get the right price, would you be open to listing it with our agent?"

I texted back, "Nope. Not for sale. Ever. Any price. Our slice of heaven and we'll leave horizontally."

Please leave me alone. We're not selling our house or our acreage.

How did they get my cell phone number....?
I got a voice mail like this today.
I just deleted it.
One big plus to not having a cell phone, no text spam.

Back
Top Bottom