Sally's GF3 thread

Pics
Wednesday is spaghetti night at our house. Here's my recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce. You can make it in the time it takes to boil the pasta.

1 qt jar of canned tomatoes, well drained
1 large clove garlic, or 2 small
1 small onion
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil

Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for 25-30 seconds. Done.

If you like it at room temperature, that's it. That's how hubby likes it. I heat mine up so the onion isn't quite so raw tasting. I have mine on rice, he has his on pasta.

This time of year, my garlic is getting a little dried out and bland, so I use 2 large cloves. This is a picture of my garlic.
IMG_2683.JPG

If you grow garlic, you save the big cloves for planting and eat the smaller ones. Those are the smaller ones. Here's one of the big ones:
IMG_2684.JPG

I don't think I've ever seen one, but I will definitely be looking for it. I wonder if they're called something else on this side of the pond.
There is a bit of a learning curve to use one properly. The great advantage is one isn't bent over when digging. The great disadvantage is get the strike wrong and you might be a couple of toes less.:p

There is a bit of a learning curve to use one properly. The great advantage is one isn't bent over when digging. The great disadvantage is get the strike wrong and you might be a couple of toes less
How long is the handle? Hard to tell from the picture.

We NEED some rain, badly. That clay is drying into cement. No rain in the next week, but maybe next Thursday... :fl :fl

Wednesday is spaghetti night at our house. Here's my recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce. You can make it in the time it takes to boil the pasta.

1 qt jar of canned tomatoes, well drained
1 large clove garlic, or 2 small
1 small onion
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil

Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for 25-30 seconds. Done.

If you like it at room temperature, that's it. That's how hubby likes it. I heat mine up so the onion isn't quite so raw tasting. I have mine on rice, he has his on pasta.

This time of year, my garlic is getting a little dried out and bland, so I use 2 large cloves. This is a picture of my garlic.
View attachment 3517327
If you grow garlic, you save the big cloves for planting and eat the smaller ones. Those are the smaller ones. Here's one of the big ones:
View attachment 3517328
I almost reported that for not using enough garlic. :lau

Looks like a great fast recipe.

Back
Top Bottom