Sally's GF3 thread

Pics
Ummm. I don't know. Hubby probably ordered it online...? It has white light as well. I really like it, as it has White-bright, white-dim, white-flashing; and the red has a flashing option as well.

Hm. Maybe a camping/hiking store or website would have something? The flashing option would be helpful as a signal. If you're lost, a flashing light is a good way to be seen.
I checked MyPatriot, where I got my water filter and my folding knife, but their headlamps don't have red. I just want it to check on the flock at night.

Tomorrow, I have a chiropractor appointment. A week late, because the doc was gone last week. How in the name of all that is sane did I ever think it would be ok to do this on the day before Thanksgiving? :he I'll leave extra early and "take the long way" to avoid as much jammed up traffic as I can.

The CDs from the trip are still in the car. If I end up sitting in traffic, I'll pop in Crossbow and listen to Claire McMillen belt out "Bottom of the River." That girl's got a set of pipes!

I made two loaves of gluten free bread, toasted slices, and cut them into cubes for stuffing. Somewhere, I read the Thanksgiving-altering idea of toasting bread in the oven. :thThis is SO MUCH BETTER than using the toaster for (heavy, dense) gluten free bread! Put a cooling rack in a jellyroll pan, lay out as many slices of bread as will fit, and toast at 350F.

For my bread, it took about 35 minutes (I said it was heavy and dense, didn't I?), and turned the slices over at 10 minute intervals. Faster than using the toaster and needing two trips through on the dark setting to get two slices of bread done. Plus, I could come over to the computer and see what was happening on BYC. :)

I'll make the stuffing tomorrow afternoon. Gobs, GOBS, of celery and onion to cut up. And of course, garlic, because just about anything is better with garlic in it. Ok, maybe not chocolate.

I made cranberry sauce so that I can talk myself out of making sweet potato un-pie. I'll make hubby's lemon meringue pie Thursday morning. There usually is a little bit extra of the lemon curd that I can put in a ramekin for me.

Reading this, it all sounds doable. I wish I could make mashed potatoes and gravy ahead of time. If I so much as mention this, I get a sideways squint eye from hubby.

I cook the turkey neck in the Instant Pot for some broth, then add drippings from the turkey and thicken with cornstarch. Which means the turkey has to be done before the gravy goes through its lovely transformation from juice to potato adornment.

The taters gotta be hot out of the bowl when the turkey is on the table. We don't have a microwave (honest, really and truly, we do not), so no last minute reheat is possible. It's the last minute waltz of: turkey out of the oven/potatoes cooked and mashed/gravy cooked and thickened that causes my angst.

If I ever win a lottery or have $40-50K that I want to waste, I'll redo my kitchen. With an island. I need more places to stand at the counter than I have. Oh, and granite counter tops that overhang the sink. So when you wipe up all the bread crumbs from cutting all those slices of gluten free bread, you can sweep the crumbs into the sink.

Yes! I would love to hear how the cauliflower stuffing turns out. I know hubby would NEVER eat it -- he thinks cauliflower pizza crust is the punch line to a joke. I'd certainly try it.

The spinach/apple/nut salad with goat cheese sounds good too.

I'm glad I had a big dinner. This is making me hungry. :drool

It must be Karma. I went to the chiropractor. NO TRAFFIC problems. I went to get feed. NO TRAFFIC problems. Went to Biggby's to redeem my free cuppa coupon, got parked in by the drive through line.... somebody backed up and let me out. :love

Now I'm home and not going anywhere until we get together with friends on Sunday.

Safe travels, everyone!

Screenshot_20231122-204520-554.png

;)

I made two loaves of gluten free bread, toasted slices, and cut them into cubes for stuffing. Somewhere, I read the Thanksgiving-altering idea of toasting bread in the oven. :thThis is SO MUCH BETTER than using the toaster for (heavy, dense) gluten free bread! Put a cooling rack in a jellyroll pan, lay out as many slices of bread as will fit, and toast at 350F.

For my bread, it took about 35 minutes (I said it was heavy and dense, didn't I?), and turned the slices over at 10 minute intervals. Faster than using the toaster and needing two trips through on the dark setting to get two slices of bread done. Plus, I could come over to the computer and see what was happening on BYC. :)

I'll make the stuffing tomorrow afternoon. Gobs, GOBS, of celery and onion to cut up. And of course, garlic, because just about anything is better with garlic in it. Ok, maybe not chocolate.

I made cranberry sauce so that I can talk myself out of making sweet potato un-pie. I'll make hubby's lemon meringue pie Thursday morning. There usually is a little bit extra of the lemon curd that I can put in a ramekin for me.

Reading this, it all sounds doable. I wish I could make mashed potatoes and gravy ahead of time. If I so much as mention this, I get a sideways squint eye from hubby.

I cook the turkey neck in the Instant Pot for some broth, then add drippings from the turkey and thicken with cornstarch. Which means the turkey has to be done before the gravy goes through its lovely transformation from juice to potato adornment.

The taters gotta be hot out of the bowl when the turkey is on the table. We don't have a microwave (honest, really and truly, we do not), so no last minute reheat is possible. It's the last minute waltz of: turkey out of the oven/potatoes cooked and mashed/gravy cooked and thickened that causes my angst.

If I ever win a lottery or have $40-50K that I want to waste, I'll redo my kitchen. With an island. I need more places to stand at the counter than I have. Oh, and granite counter tops that overhang the sink. So when you wipe up all the bread crumbs from cutting all those slices of gluten free bread, you can sweep the crumbs into the sink.
Wow. Impressive. I use Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, but add browned sausage crumbles, eggs, celery, and chicken broth (homemade) in the stuffing. It was my dh's recipe, he used to love to cook and bake. I am going to see if I can encourage him to chop the celery in the morning, which will be a help. I already browned the sausage, it's in the refrigerator for tomorrow.

I thought about making the cranberry sauce this evening, but the thought left me. :cool:

I have quite a few headlamps. Some go back to my frequent spelunking days. That is where the caveman name comes from. :old
Below is a pix of the one with the RED light mode. The red light eases the shift to night vision. Had this one for some time now. It is Eveready brand. Just like with everything these days,, that model is probably no longer produced,, but many other ones, and more improved are out there.
The all different features like flashing, and different light intensities, are part of all flashlights, headlamps now produced. To me it is somewhat annoying, since I usually just use one mode. Full bright, and occasionally RED.
Found some on Amazon that may fit your needs. There are so many to choose from, and are priced reasonably.

Kind of like the one . Link below.
https://www.amazon.com/Headlamp-Camping-LED-Headlight-Hunting/dp/B07QGRWZNB/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.e16c80d0-77bd-4ad0-8c6a-0b24e2e4d736:amzn1.sym.e16c80d0-77bd-4ad0-8c6a-0b24e2e4d736&keywords=energizer+headlamp&pd_rd_r=cc69db95-f126-4730-a99b-ff856d980b41&pd_rd_w=t25h2&pd_rd_wg=w35pT&pf_rd_p=e16c80d0-77bd-4ad0-8c6a-0b24e2e4d736&pf_rd_r=HE68P74R2WY3NNPRVDT0&qid=1700514616&sr=8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

My Red option headlamp. Yes it has the other white/bright lites also.
View attachment 3688038
Got one!

Actually I received a two pack. One of the lamps won't close once I put the batteries in, but I have contacted the company about it.
IMG_20231122_214542642~2.jpg
IMG_20231122_214521735~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom