Sally's GF3 thread

I love Aldi's. Most of their store brand stuff is as good if not better than name brand items. And many of the Aldi brand foods do not contain corn syrup, which is in almost everything at other stores.

Our Aldi's often has a free cart day, when a row of carts are not chained. And people will often offer you their cart when they leave, kind of a pay-it-forward.
Yes! Sugar instead of corn syrup, and absolutely no MSG (per corporate policy).

One last item: Aisle of finds... aka Aisle of Shame. Aldi has a lot of limited time items that come in, anything from gardening, clothing, etc. Most are good quality and cheaper than other places.

Sorry for the thread side-track.

One last item: Aisle of finds... aka Aisle of Shame. Aldi has a lot of limited time items that come in, anything from gardening, clothing, etc. Most are good quality and cheaper than other places.

Good to know!

No problem on "side track!" This is what I love about BYC. I learn so much here, and lots of it is from "side tracks."
:thumbsup

A bit of sunshine today, and it warmed up the green house! It was 53 degrees. Under the "short" tote, it was 69, and under the "tall" one, it was 63.

Lots of kale sprouts.
IMG_5492.JPG

One lonely spinach sprout.
IMG_5490.JPG

Good things that happened in 2023:

Excellent crop of sweet potatoes! Wow, I was impressed.
Good crop of regular potatoes.
Got a hive of bees (our first). No honey yet; left it for the bees.
5 new chicks, now laying pullets. Friendliest birds I've had.
Good crop of garlic. And onions too.
Canned about 55 (? don't remember!) quarts of home grown tomatoes.
Discovered I like both chard and collards. Going to grow both next year.
Our cherry trees produced their first cherries. Hoping for enough to freeze next year.

The Detroit Lions won their division for the first time in 30 years!!!!! They looked really good in their game against the Cowboys. Officiating cost them the game. It was probably an honest mistake on the official's part.

Happy New Year, everyone. Be safe if you're out and about tonight.

I call that the Danger Aisle...and have learned to buy it NOW, once I see it. The stuff is often gone the next time I stop by.

Good things that happened in 2023:

Excellent crop of sweet potatoes! Wow, I was impressed.
Good crop of regular potatoes.
Got a hive of bees (our first). No honey yet; left it for the bees.
5 new chicks, now laying pullets. Friendliest birds I've had.
Good crop of garlic. And onions too.
Canned about 55 (? don't remember!) quarts of home grown tomatoes.
Discovered I like both chard and collards. Going to grow both next year.
Our cherry trees produced their first cherries. Hoping for enough to freeze next year.

The Detroit Lions won their division for the first time in 30 years!!!!! They looked really good in their game against the Cowboys. Officiating cost them the game. It was probably an honest mistake on the official's part.

Happy New Year, everyone. Be safe if you're out and about tonight.
1000024651.jpg

Collards cooking in the Crock-Pot.

I call that the Danger Aisle...and have learned to buy it NOW, once I see it. The stuff is often gone the next time I stop by.
LOL. Yes. The popular stuff disappears fast! New item week start on Wednesdays.

The first time I got their garden soil, I got 1 bag to try. Went back the next day, and the entire pallet was gone. Stopped in another store a week later and found another pallet. What a find. What was a milk run ended up needing a cart. LOL

LOL. Yes. The popular stuff disappears fast! New item week start on Wednesdays.

The first time I got their garden soil, I got 1 bag to try. Went back the next day, and the entire pallet was gone. Stopped in another store a week later and found another pallet. What a find. What was a milk run ended up needing a cart. LOL
I love the toasting bread specials, especially lemon poppyseed and cranberry orange. I buy 4-6 loaves and freeze them. That usually lasts me until they offer them again.

Back
Top Bottom