Sally's GF3 thread

Speaking of a workout... We're both working out on the elliptical, every day, for 20 minutes.

I've read you should get 150 minutes of exercise a week. If you add in the dog walks, shoveling snow, raking thatch, hauling/spitting/stacking wood, we're there. :)

Before I add any more time, I'm going to up the resistance. Level 6 instead of level 5, whatever that means.

I took my pulse after yesterday's workout, and it was around 130 at the end. I was going to buy one of those finger pulse/oxygen meters, but they're $35 at Walmart. I can use my phone as a stopwatch and count for free.

I have a plantar wart on the bottom of my left foot. I had warts on my fingers, feet, kneecap, and palm when I was a teenager. I had them removed several ways, and I don't know how many trips we made to the dermatologist for that bit of fun.

I know if I want to have it removed, I'll have to go to my "regular" doctor first. Cha-ching; that visit won't be covered by insurance. He'll refer me to someone to remove the wart. Cha-ching; that probably won't be covered, either. A few people here on BYC have said it took more than one -- or two, or three -- trips to get rid of the wart. Cha-cha-cha.

So I'm trying to remove it homeopathically. One way is with apple cider vinegar with the mother, as the acid will kill the virus. I don't know what the mother has to do with the acidity; I think it's a nice touch, as my mother was the one who took me to all the appointments years ago.

Here's what I'm using: Duct tape (common household item), cotton balls (ditto), and the ACV (a lot of us have that on hand).

Here's what I'm doing: The cotton balls I have are actually small cotton strips, so I unroll the strip, tear it into 4 pieces. I tear off about 5" of duct tape, put the cotton piece in the middle. I put less than a 1/2 teaspoon of ACV on the cotton. Then I press the cotton on the wart, wrap the tape around my foot, and blot the ACV that drips out. Put on a sock, and wear it to bed.

Side effect: my feet stay warmer in bed!

The wart now has some black specks on it. It didn't have those at the beginning, and I'm going to guess that they are dead cells. I've read that eventually the entire wart will turn black and fall off.

This could take a while. It's day 8, and so far, I have half a dozen black specks in a wart that's about the area of a dime.

I bet it would take a while to get in to see my doctor. And who knows how long to get in to see the doc who could remove the wart.

Cost so far: Zilch, as we had all the stuff on hand. The only thing I might need to buy is a replacement roll of duct tape. I have 3 quarts of ACV, and I've used 2 cotton balls.

I have a plantar wart on the bottom of my left foot. I had warts on my fingers, feet, kneecap, and palm when I was a teenager. I had them removed several ways, and I don't know how many trips we made to the dermatologist for that bit of fun.

I know if I want to have it removed, I'll have to go to my "regular" doctor first. Cha-ching; that visit won't be covered by insurance. He'll refer me to someone to remove the wart. Cha-ching; that probably won't be covered, either. A few people here on BYC have said it took more than one -- or two, or three -- trips to get rid of the wart. Cha-cha-cha.

So I'm trying to remove it homeopathically. One way is with apple cider vinegar with the mother, as the acid will kill the virus. I don't know what the mother has to do with the acidity; I think it's a nice touch, as my mother was the one who took me to all the appointments years ago.

Here's what I'm using: Duct tape (common household item), cotton balls (ditto), and the ACV (a lot of us have that on hand).

Here's what I'm doing: The cotton balls I have are actually small cotton strips, so I unroll the strip, tear it into 4 pieces. I tear off about 5" of duct tape, put the cotton piece in the middle. I put less than a 1/2 teaspoon of ACV on the cotton. Then I press the cotton on the wart, wrap the tape around my foot, and blot the ACV that drips out. Put on a sock, and wear it to bed.

Side effect: my feet stay warmer in bed!

The wart now has some black specks on it. It didn't have those at the beginning, and I'm going to guess that they are dead cells. I've read that eventually the entire wart will turn black and fall off.

This could take a while. It's day 8, and so far, I have half a dozen black specks in a wart that's about the area of a dime.

I bet it would take a while to get in to see my doctor. And who knows how long to get in to see the doc who could remove the wart.

Cost so far: Zilch, as we had all the stuff on hand. The only thing I might need to buy is a replacement roll of duct tape. I have 3 quarts of ACV, and I've used 2 cotton balls.
And what do you have to lose except some time, and a few items from the pantry?
:pop

The black specks are the ends of the blood vessels thst have been feeding the wart. I think seeing them now when you didn't before means the wart is starting to recede

You need five inches of duct tape? We used the "duct tape sealing airbout 23 hours a day; soak in epsome water the other hour" method. The smaller the duct tape, the better it stayed on. I assume because the foot flexes and the duct tape doesn't. The skin has to be dry, though.

I'm not suggesting you switch methods. But you might try putting the cotton in the middle of a square piece of duct tape, then adding the acv to the cotton, then stepping on the duct tape - probably without your full weight until after you seal the edges to your foot.

I think your method will be as effective as using less duct tape. Less duct tape might be more comfortable. Except for the warmer foot part, maybe.

We found positioning the duct tape diagonally works best, at least if you are going to walk on it much, so that might not be relevant for you.

IMG_5735.JPG

I saw this in the "bee garden" yesterday. I wonder how it fared in our overnight low of 17 degrees?

Last night on the weather, they said that plants start popping out of the ground once the soil warms to 55 degrees. Then they said soil in Belding was measured at 51 degrees. Where in Belding, they didn't say; nobody came out to my house. I'll dig out a probe thermometer and see what I find out here.

But 51 is waaaaay too warm for the last week of February! I'm grateful for the 17 degree night, and hope that cooled off the soil around here.

We could hit 60 on Tuesday... scary. I know a lot of people are loving it; I'm not one of them.

View attachment 3756082
I saw this in the "bee garden" yesterday. I wonder how it fared in our overnight low of 17 degrees?

Last night on the weather, they said that plants start popping out of the ground once the soil warms to 55 degrees. Then they said soil in Belding was measured at 51 degrees. Where in Belding, they didn't say; nobody came out to my house. I'll dig out a probe thermometer and see what I find out here.

But 51 is waaaaay too warm for the last week of February! I'm grateful for the 17 degree night, and hope that cooled off the soil around here.

We could hit 60 on Tuesday... scary. I know a lot of people are loving it; I'm not one of them.
Wow, 17 and they're saying we'll hit 90 on Wednesday, I believe it was.

I went out and checked on them... They're FINE!

It would be nice if they were open on Tuesday, as the bees will be out and about, I'm sure. I planted these specifically for the little buzzers.

Let's see... there are 3 flower buds out now, and I'm guessing there are 5-6K bees in the hive...? (No idea, just a guess.) Y'all have to share, ladies.

A neighbor has snowdrops in bloom. Go visit her too.

Back
Top Bottom