Sally's GF3 thread

@cavemanrich, do you have any of the attachments that it can run, like the spiralizer gizmo?
I don't have any of those attachment. I also have no use for such,,, since I don't make those things. No need for pasta maker. I have a hand operated one that never was used. I also have no need for a meat grinder. I know it can be used to grind other things than meat,,,,,,, but have no desire to grind anything.
But my machines do get a workout kneading my bread, and cake doughs. If I had to do things by hand,,,, yes, I still could,,, but that would take all my joy out of "easy-peasy"
My mom baked all her life,,, and lived to a full age. Never had a KitchenAid. She did have a small electric hand mixer to mix things like egg whites. Maybe even pull pancake batter,,, but not dough.
I can still see her, :hugs ,,,,, making the recipes that I now do.

I moved a lot of clay soil yesterday. I used to get sore muscles from doing a job like that. Now I feel it more in my joints. Elbows and knees, especially. All these little reminders from the body telling me I ain't a kid anymore. :rolleyes:

I want to tell it, "Shut up and do as you're told!" in my best authoritarian parent voice.

Somehow, it comes out more like a wheedling mom: "Come on, baby, let's get this done and I promise you'll get a nap later."
:lau

Well, no nap. I actually don't feel too bad right now. I dug more dirt, more weeds, and I'm making (slow) progress.

I put the sunflowers starts outside in a tall clear tote to start hardening off. The sides of the tote are keeping the wind from drying them out, and I have a sheet draped over the top to blunt the sun a bit. They'll go back inside tonight.
I found the first asparagus bugs today. :barnieMy method of combatting them is to hand pick/squish them and rub off/pick off the eggs. I really don't need another half hour chore to do, but... sigh.

I wonder if the Japanese Beetles will be out early too? I usually start finding those around the beginning of July. The only good thing about JBs is free chickie snack!

Well, no nap. I actually don't feel too bad right now. I dug more dirt, more weeds, and I'm making (slow) progress.

I put the sunflowers starts outside in a tall clear tote to start hardening off. The sides of the tote are keeping the wind from drying them out, and I have a sheet draped over the top to blunt the sun a bit. They'll go back inside tonight.
I found the first asparagus bugs today. :barnieMy method of combatting them is to hand pick/squish them and rub off/pick off the eggs. I really don't need another half hour chore to do, but... sigh.

I wonder if the Japanese Beetles will be out early too? I usually start finding those around the beginning of July. The only good thing about JBs is free chickie snack!
I have found three squash bugs so far, the hens LOVED them!

I wonder if the Japanese Beetles will be out early too?
They are probably better than these.
1715661707267.png

Can you post some Japanese Beatles Music :idunno

IMG_E6178.JPG

This snapping turtle is in our side yard right now. Its head is easily the size of my fist. Hubby says he's never seen one that big in Michigan, and only a bit larger in West Virginia. We're guessing it's a female, looking for a place to lay eggs.

I warned hubby that if she tries to dig into the chicken run, she will be an ex-turtle.

I'm not going to try to move her. She's been there for a couple hours. If she is laying eggs, they'll be dug up and tossed into the woods.

This is just a little FYI. about snapping turtles. Learned it from a Naturalist, at a Nature center. She also demonstrated the method.
Only safe way to pick up a snapping turtle is by his tail. Anywhere else,,,,, and the neck and head can reach your hand.
Lets just say one thing,,,, I never chose to pick any up since. :old
Their jaw strength is extreme.
The small one she was holding upside down by tail,,,, she said could snap a pencil in half with no problem.
I have another story,,, but Ill save it for another time.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom