San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

pop.gif

You are all again cordially invited to the 2016 Spring Lake Elsinore, CPP/BYC South meet-up. The date is Saturday, March 19th, and the location will be at Lakepoint Park, at 420 E Lakeshore Dr Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530. Starts at 9am (set up as early as you want, please bring me some donuts and coffee, lol) and goes until dusk or when Susan stops talking lol. There are trees, a playground, restrooms, and a limited amount of picnic tables w/bbq's (3 in the area). Plenty of parking, but will have to make an aprox 100 yard walk and YES the wagon will be available. The spot is overlooking the lake and the weather should be perfect. So come one, come all and tell a friend and pack a picnic lunch or if someone wants to plan a potluck that's fine too. There is a photo booth being set up so you can get nice pics of you and your animal family. I am also looking for raffle items and donations. In addition I will post a reply to this post where everyone can post whatever they Have, Want, or Need. (Please quote whoever you are responding to) Also there will be a reply post for those who want to offer a raffle item i.e. Custom baskets like at the last meet up.
Any questions, PM me... Thanks...

Hello!
frow.gif
I'm brand new to the BYC, from San Diego. I've going cross eyed looking for the perfect coop online. Where can I go to look at chicken coops in person? Would love to order from a local builder. I like the idea of DIY, but don't think I'm up for it. We'd need something for 4-5 hens. Any advice on where to go for coops? Thanks! :)

Costco has awesome coops, if you can catch them before they sell out. Craigslist has adds of specially made coops that were double the Costco price, but I admit that the Costco ones are kinda delicate. Good luck!

Costco has awesome coops, if you can catch them before they sell out. Craigslist has adds of specially made coops that were double the Costco price, but I admit that the Costco ones are kinda delicate. Good luck!

stood on a flat surface can you put your hands on the coop. If you can try giving it a bit of a twist. IF it moves torque wise... No matter how much it costs you will spend twice as much reinforcing it.

Just remember you arent only contiaining your chickens you are protecting them from predators. Even in the city I have seen Possom, Fox (yes fox), Coyotes, and the most worriesom in the best secure yards... raccoons. Local dogs who might get into your yard too.

deb

Those coops are handy for quarantining broody, new or sick birds, as well as for younger chicks.

Hello!
frow.gif
I'm brand new to the BYC, from San Diego. I've going cross eyed looking for the perfect coop online. Where can I go to look at chicken coops in person? Would love to order from a local builder. I like the idea of DIY, but don't think I'm up for it. We'd need something for 4-5 hens. Any advice on where to go for coops? Thanks! :)

Find a local handyman, and show him a picture of something like you want.

Back
Top Bottom