Sapphire gem X Blue

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
I have a sapphire gem pullet and a black and a blue ameraucana rooster. What would happen if I bred her to the blue ameraucana? Would it make blue offspring? I am really confused on sapphire gem genetics and I am quite curious. She seems to have a lot of blue on her.
image.jpg
image.jpg

from things ive read, and I know very little myself, the girls get daddy pattern and boys get moms. The coloring if both blue i read can create, shades of blue/gray, black, splash. The percentages i dont remember.

Any pros out there that have accurate data???

from things ive read, and I know very little myself, the girls get daddy pattern and boys get moms. The coloring if both blue i read can create, shades of blue/gray, black, splash. The percentages i dont remember.

Any pros out there that have accurate data???
Oh that’s really cool thanks for the info!! I know that blue over blue is blue black and splash, I just wonder if it’s that way for the sapphire gem.

You should end up with blue (50%), black(25) or splash(25). It should be the same with a sapphire gem. They are basically splash over barred as far as I can see, and pullets do not carry the barring gene

You should end up with blue (50%), black(25) or splash(25). It should be the same with a sapphire gem. They are basically splash over barred as far as I can see, and pullets do not carry the barring gene
Okay that’s really good to know!!

Back
Top Bottom