Saying goodbye to Tiny Tim

The Birb King

Bird is the word
Dec 10, 2022
Earth
Tiny Tim was quite well known here at the coop. He was my mini Serama rooster that I was given in March of 2022. I settled on the name Tiny Tim because it felt it suited him and one of my favorite YouTube channels also had a Serama rooster named Tiny Tim. He would follow me, sit on my shoulder, and was just a really chill guy in general. He had 2 daughters and was living a nice life. Until last summer he got sick for no apparent reason. I wasn't gonna lose one of my favorite chickens without a fight so we quickly ran to the feed store after a little reaserch to get some VetRx. I was pretty sure he had a respiratory disease. After a few weeks he seemed to be improving a little, but not much. He got a bit better over the winter but then I noticed a strange lump in his eye so I got a different medicine to put on that. The lump went away, and he was getting better. Until a few weeks ago he got sick again. This time his eye was very swollen and gooey and he couldn't see or eat very well. To make matters worse, the younger roosters would attack him for no reason and he would run into the fence trying to get away. I decided I needed to seperate him so I got a small cage with some food and VetRx in the water, and he was starting to eat and drink again. This time he was worse than before and it wasn't looking good for him. The next day I was not there, and my dad said he had passed away. He buried him behind the chicken coop and I made a gravestone. He was buried right next to his son Petite Pete, who died as just a chick. Me and my friends picked some flowers for both graves, and said goodbye.

Attachments

• 20230505_144803.jpg
    20230505_144803.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230522_182454.jpg
    20230522_182454.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230612_183132.jpg
    20230612_183132.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 17
Sorry for your loss. I Hope he is in chicken heaven with Petite Pete and glad that you have two of his daughters to carry on his family tree if they also have chicks one day.
I hope so. His two daughters are all black and are some of the friendliest chickens I own. I hope to breed them with the new younger roosters.

Tiny Tim was quite well known here at the coop. He was my mini Serama rooster that I was given in March of 2022. I settled on the name Tiny Tim because it felt it suited him and one of my favorite YouTube channels also had a Serama rooster named Tiny Tim. He would follow me, sit on my shoulder, and was just a really chill guy in general. He had 2 daughters and was living a nice life. Until last summer he got sick for no apparent reason. I wasn't gonna lose one of my favorite chickens without a fight so we quickly ran to the feed store after a little reaserch to get some VetRx. I was pretty sure he had a respiratory disease. After a few weeks he seemed to be improving a little, but not much. He got a bit better over the winter but then I noticed a strange lump in his eye so I got a different medicine to put on that. The lump went away, and he was getting better. Until a few weeks ago he got sick again. This time his eye was very swollen and gooey and he couldn't see or eat very well. To make matters worse, the younger roosters would attack him for no reason and he would run into the fence trying to get away. I decided I needed to seperate him so I got a small cage with some food and VetRx in the water, and he was starting to eat and drink again. This time he was worse than before and it wasn't looking good for him. The next day I was not there, and my dad said he had passed away. He buried him behind the chicken coop and I made a gravestone. He was buried right next to his son Petite Pete, who died as just a chick. Me and my friends picked some flowers for both graves, and said goodbye.
oh no!
not Tiny Tim! i'm so sorry🥺:hugs

Back
Top Bottom