Selling and shipping Rabbits Across the Country

Fishychix

quando omni flunkus moritati
May 20, 2020
NE Ohio
I breed rabbits and am listed as such in a couple different breeder directories, but I keep getting interested buyers from other states. And none that are anywhere near me, meaning I'd have to either ship them or the buyer would have to figure things out. I have been told that I can ship rabbits, but only find contradictory information on UPS, etc if any info at all. I know that I can travel with rabbits, but have never done it and it seems awfully expensive. I don't intend to travel with them though, I just want to be able to sell them. Honestly, I never thought someone from California would want to buy a rabbit from Ohio with no plan on their part. I've had interest from many different states.
Has anyone ever shipped rabbits? Can it be done successfully? How? Mine are pretty chill, but still, it seems too stressful to me.

I believe most use an animal transporter. Which is a job where they travel across the country picking up and dropping off pets. You can transport airport to airport for a cheap fee, but I dont know if rabbits would handle that well.

What kind of rabbits do you have? You should join our breeding thread!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/brms-bunny-thread-❤️🐰❤️.1510368/

I have not shipped my rabbits, but I know there are some Facebook groups that specifically ship rabbits. They have different routes worked out for a season though big cities and such!
Its in my signature - american blues. I dont have fb. Didnt know about the breeding thread. Thanks!
I believe most use an animal transporter. Which is a job where they travel across the country picking up and dropping off pets. You can transport airport to airport for a cheap fee, but I dont know if rabbits would handle that well.
Interesting. How would I find information about that and how would I make sure theyre going to be careful with them? Etc, etc.

Its in my signature - american blues. I dont have fb. Didnt know about the breeding thread. Thanks!

Interesting. How would I find information about that and how would I make sure theyre going to be careful with them? Etc, etc.
I just did a quick Google search. If you have any quality Dog breeders in your area it might be worth asking them who they use. Maybe check with a vet or boarding facility. Or ask around at a show.

I just did a quick Google search. If you have any quality Dog breeders in your area it might be worth asking them who they use. Maybe check with a vet or boarding facility. Or ask around at a show.
Didnt think of that. Thx!

Back
Top Bottom