Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

You should be able to tell by a week of age, maybe sooner. The feathers coming in on the wings will look more like long streamers than typical feathers. Here's what the wing will look like at around 1 week old: Compared to this, a non-silkied sibling of similar color.
Thanks for the photos! I am still waiting for chicks to get fluffy!

One of my babies was so tired and looked pretty bad, I wasn't sure it was going to make it. I just looked in the incubator, and all three are sitting up and looking well! I am very surprised but I guess it just needed a bit more time. I am going to put them in the brooder and try to get a photo.

Here they are, not super fluffy yet...

YAY!
I just started giving all my chicks a probiotic/electrolyte mix as soon as they hatch. I have to say this time around all my chicks got up on there feet quite a bit earlier, even one that injured it's eye hatching. Seems to give them a bit of a boost.

@darkbluespace
 forgot to add your chicks are freaken cute !!!

Thanks! They look good today!

How did you do in the storm? We had insane rainfall last night. My Silkie coop run cover came down : (. The weight of the water broke screws and pulled screws out of wood... I have never seen anything like it, but fortunately I was able to screw it back together this morning. We only lost power for moments at a time.

Back
Top Bottom