Serama Hatch-Along Thread!

Pics
It’s okay Elfen. Hugs. Hugs. Hugs. Hugs. 🥰
At this point, it’s an excruciating wait until internal pip. There’s no need to worry, unless they become really late. And, right now Pride and Sloth are preparing. You can candle to see if they’ve internally pipped. You may not see the eggs move very much. I’ve had many that I watched and watched…. saw no movement. Then, the next morning I checked to see they were hatching or already hatched! Maintain that humidity, but don’t panic if it rises. I’ve had many hatch at a 70+% humidity spike. Keep updating!!!!
I try to keep it between 65 and 75. Mostly around 70. I have 2 hygrometers in there checking humidity. One side says one thing and the other is usually a bit higher. I like to think it is somewhere in the middle. Lol.

Hoping they internally pip soon!

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

So much suspense! We should’ve named you 2 after some dramatic Shakespeare plays!!
For real! I even brought a chick from outside and stuck her bear the incubator. She was peeping away and I am hoping this encourages the eggies to hatch. Mind you she was very very loud so they def had to hear her. I also yell at them encouragingly everytime I go in there for something. "HATCH BABIES HATCH!"

For real! I even brought a chick from outside and stuck her bear the incubator. She was peeping away and I am hoping this encourages the eggies to hatch. Mind you she was very very loud so they def had to hear her. I also yell at them encouragingly everytime I go in there for something. "HATCH BABIES HATCH!"
Bringing the chick inside is a great idea. If I don’t have one for that purpose, I find a several-hour chick sounds video on YouTube and sit my cell beside the incubator. ☺️ I also talk to them through the air vents.

Back
Top Bottom