Settling in

mjoal

Songster
12 Years
Oct 25, 2011
West Coast, BC
I'm a beginner in all things concerning ducks! I brought my 3 new runner ducks home this morning, 2 females and 1 male. They haven't been exploring much, haven't touched their food but they have been for a swim in their kiddie pool and have all been drinking water. I have 2 questions... 1. Are they quiet do you think because they are in a new place without the other 7 of their nest mates and will liven up when they settle in?
2. Will they know its time to go in their coop when it starts getting dark?
They're 12 weeks old.

Attachments

• 15980621823533806417994109232455.jpg
    15980621823533806417994109232455.jpg
    957.1 KB · Views: 9
hi, congrats on your new babies!

they’ll start to show their personalities once they settle in and are more comfortable, they are quiet because they are nervous and probably a bit confused. you will need to put them into their coop the first few weeks until they get into the routine.

hi, congrats on your new babies!

they’ll start to show their personalities once they settle in and are more comfortable, they are quiet because they are nervous and probably a bit confused. you will need to put them into their coop the first few weeks until they get into the routine.
Thanks!! It took a while to get them tucked in!! I ended up having to pick up the ladies and put them in and then the male followed right in himself!

Ducks are amazing! Congrats on your new ones. Like the previous poster said, you just gotta get them in the swing of things. Typically if you pick up the leader the rest will follow. Some days are better than others putting them up. We sing a song and MOST days, it works. Keep us updated. Beautiful ducks.

Back
Top Bottom