Sex Ed Needed for me about "Bagel" my White Poli?

Beamerz

Songster
Sep 23, 2020
Martha's Vineyard Island, MA
We got a second generation (July/20) to add to our flock about 3 months after the first Gen ( April/20) which was 5 roos and 14 hens. We culled the roos down to 2 . The second gen was 5 Guinea foul and 5 white "Silkies" my daughter ordered. The hawks picked off one Guinea and all but one of the white chicks. I was slow to intergrate generations as I'd read you need to be careful. I integrated both generations about 2 months ago . The White "hen" Bagel is very confused. She has begun to try to mount the Guinea foul on occasion although not to any consummation, seems to avoid the roos.. and has bite marks on the back of her head although I've never seen a bird try to mount her. The roos will sort of check her out but I've never seen either aggressively pursue her. She doesn't crow and I just feel stupid for wondering is she a hen or a roo? I know white animals in general can suffer some genetic mutations at times.. I'm attaching pics.. this IS my first rodeo ( with Chickens) and I'm 72 I've been doing a HUGE garden over the summer, had gone lame a bit but now recovering and give my all to these birds who have become my pets after I hospiced my 20 y o cat in August. I'm trying to learn but humbled by how much that encompasses, yet feel so fortunate to have this group as a resource. Thanks in advance to the founders here and to the rest of the flock that offer so much valued info. The world is a better place for this one :)

Attachments

• Bagel Face.jpg
    Bagel Face.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Proud Bagle.jpg
    Proud Bagle.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom