Sex of saxony and other

Oh no! So far they are the calmest out of all of them and hangout side by side. The only one that really tries to fight a little is the black Swedish female. What age and season do they start mating?
They will start trying in a couple of weeks or so. The breeding seasons is starting to end but they breed all year round. Each drake is different though. My Saxony has been amazing. He has been more of a gentleman. He has a pretty low drive and many of my girls don't really get mated by him. I have 17 females and 1 mature drake right now. I did use to have a khaki Campbell drake that needed a ton of females. He stressed my Saxony drake out when he stole all the females. That drake had to go.

Saxony drakes are BY FAR my faves! I love their blue-gray heads!

Get a couple more hens! My 5 large breed ducks really act like 1 big duck, really. What's a few more? Lol

I would fill my world with duckies if I could. The only thing stopping me is my husband! 🤣
Are you sure you are not working on that... I thought someone just got a new duck 🤔

So moving on to other birds 😁. I have thought about geese, but I heard they chew wood and went ....no
I had geese ordered this spring but canceled them after all the problems I had with my chickens. I was overwhelmed (still am, kind of).

Guineas have always been on my radar. Only thing stopping me is the predation issue. My chickens are in a pretty safe enclosure. Guineas would roam with the goats. Idk that I could handle them becoming a hawk's meal.

I've thought about turkeys, but with all the wild ones around here I'd be scared they'd kidnap mine! Or fight with them...
Omg! I’ve had 2 repeat offender turkeys trying to demolish both my gardens and have had to run them off, along with 2 doe that come up almost everyday! Lol I’m always afraid the turkeys are going to mess with my ducks since they are so much bigger. But I do not let my ducks free range when I’m not out there due to my 2 dogs (mastiff-lab and Great Dane bloodhound) that got ahold of 2 of them when I first started with ducks…. If I do let them out when I’m not there then I Locke the dogs up and the ducks stay in our pond and I have to chase them out in a kayak to put back up lol.

So far the males are the calmest ones out of all 7 of them. What age do they typically start becoming aggressive? One of my males is even acting scared of the new duck hens.

Back
Top Bottom