Sexing 8 week old bantams???

3 and 5 are the only ones that scream roo but 6 looks a little suspicious with that red coloring....

they were all supposed to be Frizzles. The red ones' feathers are nothing like the white and black one. All are bantams.

Frizzles don't breed true so you can get frizzled and non frizzled, frizzle chicks :) It is my understanding that the frizzled ones can pass on the gene but the non-frizzled ones cannot.

you cant breed frizzle to frizzle either. you breed frizzle to a smooth frizzle to get proper feathering which in turn will give you frizzled and none frizzled offspring

the 2 whites are cockerels the rest look like pullets

you cant breed frizzle to frizzle either. you breed frizzle to a smooth frizzle to get proper feathering which in turn will give you frizzled and none frizzled offspring

the 2 whites are cockerels the rest look like pullets
Thanks, I forgot to mention that part...correct me if I'm wrong but you can get proper feathering by breeding any smooth bird to a frizzle not just a smooth frizzle back to a frizzle. I have two gorgeous frizzle X d'uccle mixes :)

Thanks, I forgot to mention that part...correct me if I'm wrong but you can get proper feathering by breeding any smooth bird to a frizzle not just a smooth frizzle back to a frizzle. I have two gorgeous frizzle X d'uccle mixes :)
i think, if i remember right, that both parents have to have a copy of the frizzling gene as i think its a recessive trait

I don't believe so...otherwise, how would you get frizzled polish, frizzled NNs, etc? You should only breed frizzle to smooth. Otherwise, you end up with a frazzle :) Not a nice looking bird! I have a white d'uccle that crossed with a red frizzle roo...I have two frizzled pullets just now at POL...

here they both are at 1 week old...

and saran a couple weeks later...

Back
Top Bottom