Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I used to have a hognose in a terrarium beside the bed. One night she farted so loud it woke my wife & I up. Small snake, big noise.

Also, horizontal welding increases the difficulty level. Need more practice.
View attachment 3832731
Will you be trying boiler welding?

I think I may have had one purr on my lap, cat style. I thought that was the weirdest thing ever.

You are giving me terrible ideas. Now I want chickens in the house.
I had chickens in my house more or less from the moment I finished building it. There are downsides I should point out.

I had chickens in my house more or less from the moment I finished building it. There are downsides I should point out.
Downsides being chicken poo, noise, and the hens expecting you to drop your food in a heartbeat?

It's getting to summer and I'm looking forward to chooks in the office here, but not the poop.

Downsides being chicken poo, noise, and the hens expecting you to drop your food in a heartbeat?

It's getting to summer and I'm looking forward to chooks in the office here, but not the poop.
I had all sorts in my house at one time or another including a donkey that wandered in. Strangely the most damage was done by a pair of dogs and the least damage by the chickens. In six years they only broke one glass on a low storage shelf and that was done by a juvenile trying to escape an irrate adult.
The poop was easy although costly in toilet roll and bleach. I had a solid polished concrete floor with a drain in it so it just took a few minutes each night to mop and push the water down the drain. The few juveniles that did get onto the work surfaces got told off by the seniors and it never amounted to a problem.

I had all sorts in my house at one time or another including a donkey that wandered in. Strangely the most damage was done by a pair of dogs and the least damage by the chickens. In six years they only broke one glass on a low storage shelf and that was done by a juvenile trying to escape an irrate adult.
The poop was easy although costly in toilet roll and bleach. I had a solid polished concrete floor with a drain in it so it just took a few minutes each night to mop and push the water down the drain. The few juveniles that did get onto the work surfaces got told off by the seniors and it never amounted to a problem.
When I build my palace I'm gonna put a drain in the floor for that. That way no one can stop me from having birds inside.

I've had a bit of damage from the chooks here. They've spilled water, broke a remote, and used some stuff that they shouldn't have as a loo. Thankfully no real damage remains, but I did lose a keyboard to chook dust (keys are stiff which makes it almost unusable.)

Back
Top Bottom