Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

There is something deeply wrong with me.:p
I woke up this morning with the thought that the chickens may not like the new coop. Perhaps they have become attatched to their rotting pile of firewood. :confused:
Maybe they're concerend about the use of plastic. Suppose they don't like the colour. They might call it Shadrachs Folly and refuse to use it.
I think that's a side effect of spending too much time reading BYC threads 😂.

My wife sent me this pic. She thinks there is something wrong with it. Maybe Skeksis just has bad genetics.
received_1323548678055741.jpeg

I don't get that paper but apparently it's true I did get mentioned.
The title of the article was
"Scotsman tossed out of Catalonia after Brexit aids local chickens".

Is there a reason they lose feathers there?
In mine it is the ones with beards. For some reason hens, even THOSE hens, like to pluck out the neck feathers.

I think they are probably fine wandering around the allotment. My concern is they wander off the allotment and onto the track. Some drivers use the track as a raceway.:mad:
If she can't find enough to eat she's unlikey to stray far but it's a risk.
Yes, walking outside on the street is a real risk. Sleeping in a tree near the coop too. That’s why I always tried to catch the chickens.
Until I pulled a trick. Giving some scratch at the end of the day in the run.
They all come home for a some scratch. Easy peasy to lock them in for the night that way.

I think they are probably fine wandering around the allotment. My concern is they wander off the allotment and onto the track. Some drivers use the track as a raceway.:mad:
If she can't find enough to eat she's unlikey to stray far but it's a risk.
What about the allotment Fox?

So this baby appears to have the same egg yolk sac infection as the 2 Skeksis babies from last hatch. I thoroughly cleaned the incubator. Of course, maybe the bacteria was already on the eggs. But then again, none of the bantam eggs were affected. They all lay in the same spot. I just want some fully healthy Skeksis babies. :(
Do they hatch early without having completeley absorbed the yolksac first? Or is it definitely an infection?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom