Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

It needs a relatively warm climate to thrive I believe.
that may well be. I've been shocked by some of the low temperatures much of the US has had lately. When I was shopping for plants to create the garden decades ago, I think I had -10C (14F) as a minimum figure for what we might expect here.

that may well be. I've been shocked by some of the low temperatures much of the US has had lately. When I was shopping for plants to create the garden decades ago, I think I had -10C (14F) as a minimum figure for what we might expect here.
Yes the Ocean current helps keep you warmer. Although I think it gives you clouds too.

So far this year the lowest here has been -10f... Usually -20f a couple nights

I am eagerly awaiting any news on this holiday 😀

We rented a mini bungalow (without wifii) in Pedras de Raihna. . Its a nice old vacation park near the small fisherman’s/ tourists village Cabanas. I will post some pics next time we are in the restaurant with free wifi.

The weather is great here in the Algarve.
Last night around midnight there was lots of rain. But it stopped before sunrise and we had another sunny day. Today we made a trip to the old town of Tavira.

We have seen several English people everywhere we go. There are Indian restaurants and pubs with English beers too.

🙏 this year will improve, it's been all downwards for 3 years
For me these years were not that bad. My husband and I both had succes in our work. Working at home was no problem with lots of office space since the children left home. Could help my daughter with the renovation of her house because we didn’t need to visit other people. And even though there were Corona restrictions, we could make a summer vacation every year. Didn’t loose any relatives. But a downside to it all is that 3 relatives who got ill in this period, had a hard time/ didn’t get over it very well.

Same where I live. Colder than -10 C is exceptional. This winter we had one night with -6 C until now.
IMO, green bushes are even better for chickens than trees that stay green in winter. We have e.g. Taxus, Portuguese laurel , a fence with ivy and a clematis that keeps its leaves. Ilex/holly stays green too.

I can't remember who or where but someone wrote they hadn't seen a hen lay an egg.
P2011398.JPG
P2011399.JPG
P2011400.JPG

Back
Top Bottom