Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Hail, rain storms, drizzle, wind and it's got colder.
About an hour out between the downpours.
Feeder was empty when I got there but I left a couple of hundred grams in the feeder last night so even if C didn't feed them any more they will have had something before I got there.

View attachment 3369498
Rainbow.
View attachment 3369494
Sitting on the roost bar as the hail came down.View attachment 3369497View attachment 3369499
They are using the main coop during the days when the weather is bad. They go in and out. Henry gave up on the day early and settled down to get warm and dry.View attachment 3369496View attachment 3369495
Beautiful rainbow and Henry is smart! Hopefully his hens followed suit to get out of the wet!

I have neglected to take any recent photos of my chickens so my fingers are crossed that yak tax can be accepted just this once. We visited at a yak farm over the holidays where I learned yaks often have worse hair days than myself
Yak tax:
20221227_140319.jpg
20230104_123714.jpg
20221227_140356.jpg
20221227_140344.jpg
*edited to remove duplicate yaks

Beautiful rainbow and Henry is smart! Hopefully his hens followed suit to get out of the wet!

I have neglected to take any recent photos of my chickens so my fingers are crossed that yak tax can be accepted just this once. We visited at a yak farm over the holidays where I learned yaks often have worse hair days than myself
Yak tax:
View attachment 3370655
View attachment 3370658
View attachment 3370656
View attachment 3370657
:love Holy cow yer killin me! I just love yaks!!!

Skeksis finally laid an egg again. Her first since the last week of September.View attachment 3369443
Good girl! That's a major difference with high production breeds I think. My ex-batts never stopped laying their first winter, only one took a pause the second, and now it's their third winter two have taken two and three months pause and two are still laying. I'm sure the winter break helps their health.
My wife likes to say Skeksis and I look alike.
Maybe it's the beard ? But I don't remember you had it in the picture you posted of yourself before.
I was thinking that I used to find Skeksis scary, but on those last photos she looks like a sweet little grandma !
They are using the main coop during the days when the weather is bad. They go in and out.
I think they find the space more confortable to lounge and dry now that it is less crowded.

Yak tax:
View attachment 3370655
View attachment 3370658
View attachment 3370656
View attachment 3370657
I'm curious about those yaks. Are these the same as in Nepal? Is the farm just for leisure, do they eat them ?

Back
Top Bottom