Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Not at all pleasant out there! 6C, 35mph wind gusts, one band of rain after another...
They did come out in between the spells of rain. Fret in particular had problems staying on course when the wind blew.
There were pellets in the tray when I got there and I haven't seen a rat for a few days. Maybe they're not keen on the weather.
Ella has been trying to put Lima in what Ella thinks is her rightfull place with a few lunges around the food. Lima just side steps Ella and carries on regardless.

I took some more of the top layer of the muck off at the back of the coop. I'm getting more puddles and less muck which is a good thing.
P1110052.JPG
P1110057.JPG

P1110056.JPG
P1110053.JPG
P1110054.JPG
P1110055.JPG

Not at all pleasant out there! 6C, 35mph wind gusts, one band of rain after another...
They did come out in between the spells of rain. Fret in particular had problems staying on course when the wind blew.
There were pellets in the tray when I got there and I haven't seen a rat for a few days. Maybe they're not keen on the weather.
Ella has been trying to put Lima in what Ella thinks is her rightfull place with a few lunges around the food. Lima just side steps Ella and carries on regardless.

I took some more of the top layer of the muck off at the back of the coop. I'm getting more puddles and less muck which is a good thing.
View attachment 3372751View attachment 3372753

View attachment 3372754View attachment 3372755View attachment 3372752View attachment 3372750
That second picture with the wind blowing Henry’s under fluff around reminds me if that Marilyn Monroe picture. :p

Good for Lima being unfazed with Ella’s antics! I’m so glad they have a place out of the rain and wind with space to move around.

Crocuses in January?!? Is that normal for you? I’m not used to seeing them until the end of March! That’s a lovely picture of Ini Mini
No normally the first crocuses bloom in February. But the weather was very mild this winter.

Thanks to the greenhouse gasses we had several warmth records this winter. 🥲

Can't remember if I promised a picture of our bantam roo here or on Bob's thread so I'll put him on both. He's one of the fathers of the Sebright babies. Handsome guy and good natured.
20230111_173616-jpg.3372986
It's odd, but I had far fewer problems when it came to Bantam males than I had with full sized heritage and crosses. Interestingly many game fowl keeps seem to have less human aggression problems.
All the bantam males I've had anything to do with were very independant.

Back
Top Bottom