Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Mostly cloudy with outbursts of rain. Luckily I avoided most of the rain.
Two hours today. I had a short list of things I needed to get done apart from the chickens and allotment and they just soaked the time away.

C, bless her ego driven drama ridden persona, managed to get all the way from her house, a mere one hundred and something metres away, to the goose pen and let them out at some point during the day.:clap:rolleyes:. Plastic food wrapper in the run so I guess they got fed something.

I took 180 grams of mash for the chickens this afternoon and they ate the lot, plus forage, plus some mixed grains.
P7181664.JPG

There are also a couple of the bolted spinach plants left for them to strip which they are working on.
P7181665.JPG

June growth berries are done now between the chickens and the pigeons and the Autumn crop is ripening but at the top of the plant the chickens can't reach. I need to cut the stems back fro the June growth.
P7181670.JPG

P7181672.JPG

It's not just Fret who is a bit strange. This is Carbon on the outside of the coop extension working her was along the bottom edge drinking the drops of water that hang there.
P7181667.JPG

A picture take through the coop while I was cleaning in the rain while that lot stayed in the dry.:rant:D
P7181666.JPG

After ensuring that beakfast had been laid out in the feed tray Henry led them to roost about half an hour earlier than usual. I guess he saw the clouds that rained on me as I walked to the bus stop.
P7181673.JPG

Last edited:
This is Carbon on the outside of the coop extension working her was along the bottom edge drinking the drops of water that hang there.
Mine all do that. When it is raining they all line up under the hardware cloth to catch the drips.
Same with snow.
It must taste better when dripping off wire!

We have kaolin here in the stream bed. I smear it on my face as a facial mask. Good for drawing the venom out of bug bites and stings too.
That is exactly what I need! I don't normally go outside in the summer, once the temps get over 80F/26C, I typically hibernate..lol, but.... the feathered masters require my attention 2-4 times a day. I am bit up, I seem to not only be the preferred food of mosquitos and fire ants, but now the horse flies... I am using Sudocrem, but it doesn't quite cut it. LOL
chicken fly GIF by happydog

Back
Top Bottom