Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

He must be roosting somewhere nearby. Can you watch him as he trots off to bed?
I could, in theory at least. I'll do some research to find out what sort of roost spot I might be heading to. Following him through hedges, bramble patches, nettle beds, across ditches etc at dusk may not be so easy in practice :p

This was him standing in the drizzle this morning; he's lost some condition and he has a very pronounced limp when he thinks no-one's watching
P1130434.JPG

I could, in theory at least. I'll do some research to find out what sort of roost spot I might be heading to. Following him through hedges, bramble patches, nettle beds, across ditches etc at dusk may not be so easy in practice :p

This was him standing in the drizzle this morning; he's lost some condition and he has a very pronounced limp when he thinks no-one's watching
View attachment 3797004
Poor guy - he is lovely. If you are able to catch and help him, please do update with how he does!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Interesting read.
I had to write an essay on the Diggers (or maybe it was Levelers more broadly) at school as part of ‘British Economic & Social History’.
Or maybe it was an exam question.
you got to study this stuff? wow. The history curriculum I remember was boring in the extreme, kings and wars full stop.

you got to study this stuff? wow. The history curriculum I remember was boring in the extreme, kings and wars full stop.
Yeah. I opted for social and economic history.
As a result I only know the order of the kings because some of them have numerals after their names. They didn’t seem very relevant.
But I know a lot (well in teenager terms) about the spinning Jenny, the Soho cholera outbreak (the water pump), and various harvest failures (including the potato famine) as well as social movements like Diggers and Levelers and however you want to classify Luddites.

Back
Top Bottom