Freaky Farm

In the Brooder
May 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new here btw!!!

Does anyone have any photos of Shamo crosses (preferably not crossed with another game bird - but another type of soft feather breed)

Myself and a friend are about to hatch out several cross bred Shamos (in fact a silkie x Shamo and a LaFleche x Shamo have pipped and about to hatch tonight). We decided to pop some of our eggs into the incubator as it's Winter in Australia and there is a huge shortage as most breeders are struggling to get numbers to sell since, of course, COVID is bringing out people wanting chickens immediately! We also decided it would be a pretty cool experiment as we both have some pretty rare breeds and I'm hoping for some very funky looking birds! Also my pure breds are completely off the lay. We are hoping for a Crevecoeur x Shamo very soon too :). There is even a bantam egg which we think may be Japanese or a seabright and we have absolutely no idea how the Shamo Roo managed to fertilise that hen (the Shamo Roo is the only roo among my friends motley crew of rare pure bred hens).

While we were thinking about our experiment I was googling everywhere trying to find Shamo crosses to get some idea of what they may look like but could not find a single photo of a Shamo cross unless it was with another type of game bird which didn't help very much. Has anyone got any pics of weird Shamo crosses? I am very curious and will keep you guys updated as these chicks hatch (we have about 40 in the incubator as a staggered hatch)

2 hatched last night... Numerous pipping. Lafleche X Shamo (photos 1 & 3) has far more characteristics of Shamo than the silkie X Shamo(Picture 2) but obviously we won't properly know for a while!! Hoping for devil horns with long legs and muscley body (for LaFleche x)!

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_183534.jpg
    IMG_20200503_183534.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200503_183634.jpg
    IMG_20200503_183634.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200503_183542.jpg
    IMG_20200503_183542.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new here btw!!!

Does anyone have any photos of Shamo crosses (preferably not crossed with another game bird - but another type of soft feather breed)

Myself and a friend are about to hatch out several cross bred Shamos (in fact a silkie x Shamo and a LaFleche x Shamo have pipped and about to hatch tonight). We decided to pop some of our eggs into the incubator as it's Winter in Australia and there is a huge shortage as most breeders are struggling to get numbers to sell since, of course, COVID is bringing out people wanting chickens immediately! We also decided it would be a pretty cool experiment as we both have some pretty rare breeds and I'm hoping for some very funky looking birds! Also my pure breds are completely off the lay. We are hoping for a Crevecoeur x Shamo very soon too :). There is even a bantam egg which we think may be Japanese or a seabright and we have absolutely no idea how the Shamo Roo managed to fertilise that hen (the Shamo Roo is the only roo among my friends motley crew of rare pure bred hens).

While we were thinking about our experiment I was googling everywhere trying to find Shamo crosses to get some idea of what they may look like but could not find a single photo of a Shamo cross unless it was with another type of game bird which didn't help very much. Has anyone got any pics of weird Shamo crosses? I am very curious and will keep you guys updated as these chicks hatch (we have about 40 in the incubator as a staggered hatch)
I know this was a few months ago, but do you have any photos of the silkie shamo cross grown up?? I’m very curious

Back
Top Bottom