Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Meat

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Wool

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Dairy

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
Muffin running to greet me. She is still a bit thin and we've been working on that, but at least she feels good enough to run and jump.
img_2673-jpg.3605296

Well, Muffin isn't thin anymore! :lol: We are going to cut back on the hay stretcher now; I don't want to put too much stress on her old joints. But she is doing great for a nearly-16-year-old sheep. I looked out the window yesterday and she was munching on grass while watching the contractors work on the house.

D75_8981_00001.jpg

Long live the lovely Muffin!

My Rachel and her neighbors, the goat girls, are loving pumpkins that one of my human neighbors has been dropping off. None of my girls is skinny. Like me, they pack on a few pounds beginning in the fall to insulate themselves in winter.

Long live the lovely Muffin!

My Rachel and her neighbors, the goat girls, are loving pumpkins that one of my human neighbors has been dropping off. None of my girls is skinny. Like me, they pack on a few pounds beginning in the fall to insulate themselves in winter.
Would love to see photos of your Rachel and the goats!

Hi!
frow.gif

Perhaps on your Poll, you should add "hair" sheep since a lot of us raise the hair breeds.
What breed of dairy sheep do you have?
I've read that sheep milk is the 'best' milk as far as nutritional content.
Goat milk comes second and, of course, cow's milk is last.

Tells you how much i know. I had no clue people raised sheep for milk, never even heard of sheep milk til now.

Well, @StinkyAcres, if I ever figure out how to get my new gadget to move my photos to my computer, I will be more than happy to show off Rachel, Tessa and Greta (the latter is named after Greta Garbo because, she too, just wants to be left alone).

And, @Chicken poppy, many folks are unaware of sheep milk. It's never really caught on here like it has in Europe.

Some of my sheep have had this kind of dermatitis(?) on their faces - usually smack in the middle of the face and sometimes behind the ears, where the horns would be though they don't have horns. Anyone seen something like this?

SIFCXNZF.jpg

QKTKSLIC.jpg

MCZBBXML.jpg

It'll start as a little spot like on the right, and then develop into something larger like on the left.

Some of my sheep have had this kind of dermatitis(?) on their faces - usually smack in the middle of the face and sometimes behind the ears, where the horns would be though they don't have horns. Anyone seen something like this?

View attachment 3683575
View attachment 3683576

View attachment 3683577

It'll start as a little spot like on the right, and then develop into something larger like on the left.
Sorry no one responded. Did you ever figure out the cause?

Back
Top Bottom