Shipping Hatching Eggs

BaileyJean

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Kentucky
My Coop
My Coop
I have been shipping hatching eggs for the last few month, and have had great luck with keeping all eggs safe. I know how to package the eggs well, to ensure they arrive safely. I ship them using the USPS medium flat rate box (I usually ship between 10-18eggs in a box) and I also include delivery confirmation. I have been shipping them with a fragile sticker, but no sticker that says live eggs. If I put the sticker that says live eggs or live embryos, do I get charged more? Does it help to have that sticker on the box? Is there anything else I should do?

I don't know how it is with eggs, but I ship priority mail for my business and stopped writing anything on the box that might indicate the item is fragile (and my work is fragile). I got more damage that way than I do simply packing to the hilt and keeping the outside of the box inconspicuous. Haven't had a breakage issue in almost a year.

I'm not so sure I'd let everyone know there are eggs in the box. Don't think they'd care anyway, may make it more of a target.

Signed,
Disgruntled Postal Customer

I received eggs last week..and they were all OK! fragile was written all over the box and watched the mail lady handle them kind of roughly. Also she told me that all packages go through automation...and the machine can't read. So really it does no good at all!

Quote:
That's a good point!
Can I ship eggs UPS or FedEx? I know that you can only ship live chickens through the USPS, but can I ship eggs through other places?

Am I the only one who is thinking it is now too HOT
to ship eggs!!!??? I will try to discipline myself to
refrain from ordering eggs until late August.
I never get eggs within the Priority Mail expected date
so maybe it is just me......

That's a good point!
Can I ship eggs UPS or FedEx? I know that you can only ship live chickens through the USPS, but can I ship eggs through other places?

I don't know why not? Though I would pack them uber carefully still (which I'm sure you do anyways)....I'm not sure any shipping company has too stellar a record when it comes to handling fragile packages.

Back
Top Bottom