Shouting from the Rooftop!!!

Apr 30, 2018
Tooele, UT
Despite me doing absolutely EVERYTHING wrong...my Wizzygig did it!!!!!

Today, which is day 21, I was determined to find out if there were going to be chicks...Like I said...I did absolutely everything wrong!

First, didn't move Wizzygig off of the nesting box when she went broody...didn't know to do this until it was too late!

Second, put fertilized eggs under her still in the nesting box...didn't know to do this...See step one...

Third, never candled the eggs to see if any of the eggs were really fertile...didn't know to do this at ALL!

My dear sweet Wizzygig has diligently been on these eggs for three weeks and even longer in the nesting box for another week before I put eggs under her and today...

SHE HAS A BABY!!!!

When I can, I will get a picture posted...right now, she is as ferocious as a velociraptor and I can't get close but I did see a broken eggshell and heard the sweetest little peeping...

This is my first rodeo and I am hopping, jumping, singing, and laughing with such joy! YEEE HAWWWW :)

Broodies with their babies are so sweet! Congrats to you and to Wizzygig!!!
Wizzygig is up to 4 babies as of this morning! However, when I went to check in on Momma and babies about a half-hour ago, two had fallen out of the nest and Momma was frantic! I scooped up her babies and put them back to the nest and it was really difficult to catch Momma not to mention, this stress she was having. There are still 4 eggs in the nest and I have been told from members here that those could hatch possibly today or tomorrow. When I put her back into the nesting box, she settled down so it doesn't look like she's ready to leave the nesting box just yet.

Here is a picture I took earlier today...the fourth one is hard to see because the others are crowded around it.
IMG_5191.jpg

Back
Top Bottom