Show me EExCochin,EExBR, EExPolish or EExButtercup mutts, please????

Quote:
I need to see the Buttercup/Cochin!!!

These are great mixes!

OK, here are my Buttercup/Cochin mixes, all Large Fowl. Dad is the Cochin, Moms are Buttercups....All look even better today, but sorry, I have no new photos. Just on a side note: they are only 10 weeks old, but except one, I am not sure about their gender yet. Usually I always knew with other hatches by 10 weeks what I had, but this time I am at a lost or maybe 4 cockerels out of 5 .....
sad.png
Anybody in So Cal interested, if so?https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10899_003.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is the Cochin black, red or buff, or what? It's such an amazing coloration!! I wonder what would happen eventually if you tried to create a new breed from them?

Here is a photo of my boy. He is a large fowl Partridge Cochin (won several best of shows and I am screwing around with Buttercups and EE,
hide.gif
)

10899_chicken_016.jpg

I will also try to take some better photos for you on the Buttercup/ Cochins later. The breast color is more like a splash brownish, hard to explain. Stay tuned........

Quote:
Wow.
love.gif

That's a good looking chicken. I'm in awe!

I want to see what your experiments end up with after you get some new results, too!!

EE/POLISH MIX

LOOKS LIKE MY PERFECT DREAM CHICKEN!!!!
I am so eggcited.
I didn't know anyone was breeding this mix!
That's the look I love;
a cute top hat or afro, mixed pattern feathers, & clean feet.

If I get the chance one day to own more pets,
maybe I can get a few light colored ones from you.

If you breed these EE/POLISH mixes together what do their offspring look like?

Quote:
I'm just DYING for my polish to start laying...she was hatched March 3rd and I'm IMPATIENT!! She's a silver laced, and he's mostly white and black, so it could be cool, right?

The first batch of EExBanty Cochins are 2 weeks old, and pretty much look like black cochins so far, but with puffy cheeks and beards!!

I'll have EExButtercups on the 24th- dying to see those!

If the Polish would get her act together we could get the PolishEggers going!

Very interesting birds
smile.png

My hens had around 20-30 E.E/BR chicks this summer. Almost all of them hatched out looking like little barred rocks with beards, and the rest were solid black.

Good luck with your crosses!

Would you guys consider this a buttercup??? This is an EE cross rooster with buttercup in it -way back- that looks like it popped out. I sold some EE cross eggs to a really nice lady in Missouri and she got this roo. She also has beautiful BLRW stock, what do you think of the buttercup comb on blr color???

16532_jee_comb.jpg

16532_jee_comb2.jpg

blrw hens

16532_blrw_hens.jpg

I can't believe I was trying to get this comb= hatched over a hundred chicks-= and she got it , but good for her. I'm going to copy her on this post in case she wants to pipe in.

Quote:
I love the way this guy looks! I wouldn't call him a Buttercup, but I would describe his comb as such, from what I can see- I've been calling the EExButtercup mixes Butterpuffs, due to the muffs and beards, but a lot of them end up with either a single or a weird single that diverges into a cup at the top 1/3. I think my EE roo must have a heterozygous-for-single pea comb. This would look pea but throw variants when mixed with other types. I have also seen a few weird modifications, like a triple comb: not a 3-row pea, but a triple of the single variety. I can't wait to see how that comb matures!!!

Back
Top Bottom