casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
A thread where we can post pictures of Muscovies. This is the Muscovy that got me started.
addtext_com_MjAzMjI1MzQ1NjIy.jpg

I just have to talk about these guys. I just have to. I don't know if I got good ones or if they are all like this. It took the three of them about a week to settle in. They free range during the day with my little group of hens on about a 1/2 acre fenced. Securely locked up at night. Just the most polite, friendly, and fun things I have ever seen. Not as ambitious as the workaholic chickens, more interested in playing in the kiddie pool and lounging. On day three I turned around and they were in the house wagging their tails. Just looking around. Like they owned the place. Daryl, wears his heart on his sleeve. That tail gets to wagging he gets to talking and I swear he is happy to see me. Its like a puppy. Not chicken happy to see you, I mean really genuinely happy to see you.

I know nothing about ducks. I only got them because I have this pond that I thought ducks would like. They are so social. They haven't even walked down the hill to the pond yet. They like the five star accommodations at the top of the hill with us, trained staff.

I don't know if it is just Moscovys or all ducks are like this, but great additions to our back yard operations. Talk about a no trouble tenant.

They are almost a year old and as I understand it will start laying soon. Carol already seems to be house hunting for the perfect place. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom