Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had one marion rose cock gifted to me from a man that had him shipped overseas to work, so I know he was good. He got killed by a fox the fourth year I had him, all because I set his tiecord too close to the woods. He came with a marion rose hen with an eighth of blueface.
I mated that pair for all of those foir years, and got wonderful birds. I ended up leaving them to my grandfather while i went to school, and when he got sick, his girlfriend sold what was left, which was about five pullets, the broodhen, and two sons. Im convinced that they are alive somewhere on someone's yard, and whoever it is has no idea what they are sitting on. Their feet are marked out and out and the right nostril was marked, so if any of y'all run up on some hatch looking birds in south Carolina check thier beaks and feet, i doubt people toepunch anymore.
As for those black pullets, one is a stag, i found little red pin feathers on his back, I love thier stance, hopefully more pics are coming.
Oh my .... i would not have anticipated your story in a 100 yrs .... but might be coincident . I got my Marion Rose blood which contains a bit of Bible blueface from a guy in Florida a year or so back (green legs / pea comb) 2 cocks and 3 hens (i've got markings wrote down somewhere but will check the roosters&hens(markings) tomorrow (one of the hens was unmarked) . He said the young cock was out of older brood cock (untrimed)and the favorite hen(kinfolks which is essential with good blood) . Younger one had some w's/blue ribbons .

I got these from a guy needing money for Christmas and was selling battle/crosses of M.R.Hatch and albany(i did not need) . But the M.R. hatch blood caught my attention , he was not wanting to sell his broodstock but at the right price he would and i agreed to pay his price . I told him if he wanted a few back let me know(no-cost) .

I'm in south Alabama

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom