Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget, do you have welded wire with electric strands on the outside or just electric strands?  If you have welded wire and electric, can you set it up in such a way to disconnect the lower wires, so the rest of the fence doesn't ground out?  Snow and ice are just tough to work around on the electric fences.  Maybe a bigger charger to power though it?
I have both. One straight continuous run and then my other run is woven wire with electric fence out away from it. That would work if I just take the jumper wire off the bottom wires, I think.

What type of water cups do you use and does the ice release from them pretty well?  This past year after I became tired of breaking ice, I made a little wood frame/stand to mount on the side wall of the pen with a hole in it to drop yogurt containers down in.  The yogurt containers are smooth and tapered so I can just pop the ice block out.  For a bird or two I can use smaller containers or for more, just drop in a larger container.  Not sure if it is a new idea, but I can't recall seeing it before.  Maybe too much of a pain?
The black v bottom cups are the best for winter. Hands down. Most of the time the ice is just loose in there. Just dump it out. I have gray oval cups too. They ain't so good. I wear steel toe work boots so I just smash the 22 gray cups on my boot to break the ice. It works. Lol.

I mean yeah it gets hot here but that snow and freezing, nah not for me. Don't know how you do it man just don't know
I like it! But I'm starting to get soft. I had to buy a kerosene heater for the shed this year. My poor hands can't take much more. I got tired of running in the house to warm my hands by the woodstove.

Last edited:
I am very proud of my American Games. They are a truly beautiful breed of chickens and a testament to the resilience of this nation. Let's keep them around for generations to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom