Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice!  She looks like Henny Penny, my first game hen as a kid, that my sister named for me...  She taught me not to mess with a mama and her new babies!
thanks she should be hatching soon. Her 8 grandkids just left going to their new home. Got good news found a lone kelso hen same blood as my brood cock. Guy says she's old don't know how fertile but she's laying and by herself. So my male is supposed to go breed her for a week starting this weekend and he'll come back and I'll get the eggs after a clutch is layed and hopefully hatch a few to try and bring back his blood untainted

Last edited:
I've got a pullet that's unleashing holy h*ll on my ol laying hens. Yesterday found one that looked like she took a shotgun blast to the face.
Pretty sure I know which one it is I just haven't seen her do it. It's a black pullet, best looking and acting of the bunch except for the fact that's she's a bundle of nerves. Gotta get her off the yard and see if I can calm her down. I have seen her go after other birds a few times but it's just a quick thing. She don't give any kind of warning at all.
I don't even have a pic of her. She avoids me like the plague

Last edited:

She looks good. Little silver in the hackle...  

When I see a beat up chicken I look for another chicken with matching damage/blood.
She is a black/grey pullet. Not the pullet I was talking about.
I know what to look for. That's why I said I think it's her. Not unheard of buddy to have an unscathed bird that mixed it up.

thanks she should be hatching soon. Her 8 grandkids just left going to their new home. Got good news found a lone kelso hen same blood as my brood cock. Guy says she's old don't know how fertile but she's laying and by herself. So my male is supposed to go breed her for a week starting this weekend and he'll come back and I'll get the eggs after a clutch is layed and hopefully hatch a few to try and bring back his blood untainted
That's a cool story. I hope it all works out and you get some nice chicks out of the deal!

Anyone with hatch grey experience brooding can tell me if the chipmunk striped are male or the light ones male?
I do not have the particular experience you are looking for, but when I raised Silver Duckwing Old English, "greys", the streak of dark that ran along the cheek through the eye was a good way to sex the chicks. It has been so long, but I think the females had the streak and the males did not. Not sure if the light vs chipmunk will segregate out to male and female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom