Show Off Your Games!

Asil are Oriental Gamefowl, some are "game" and others, reportedly, aren't. This is due to the style many of them were bred to fight in: Taped heels/boxing. Usually non-lethal and usually no puncturing (some OGs and Asil did use artificial heels, and natural spurs - naked heel). But yet, and even with birds bred for the mentioned non-lethal styles, there is said to be excellent, game strains/lines. You just have to know what you're getting and from who, really, as with all Gamefowl. Malay aren't usually identified with Gamefowl, or am I wrong? I don't know much about them. "Game" is the willingness to die fighting for the victory, no matter what's happened, is happening or anything. It should be able to be passed on to the offspring, it's genetic. Birds fought with lethal, artificial weapons, for longer periods of time, usually are in greater need of "gameness" than any others, so it's easier to pick out the good from the bad in those styles, usually.

I appreciate your willingness to try to help fowlsessed, but this statement has many problems with it. What type of show fowl are bred for has nothing at all to do with gameness. As I keep saying, either they are game, or they are not. Asil are some of the oldest gamefowl out there. There are many types of OG that SHOULD be game, including Malay fowl. There is a lot of junk out there though, because of some of the same type breeding, and thinking that has been previously stated in this thread.

I appreciate your willingness to try to help fowlsessed, but this statement has many problems with it. What type of show fowl are bred for has nothing at all to do with gameness. As I keep saying, either they are game, or they are not. Asil are some of the oldest gamefowl out there. There are many types of OG that SHOULD be game, including Malay fowl. There is a lot of junk out there though, because of some of the same type breeding, and thinking that has been previously stated in this thread.

CUDA give us your definition of Game

CUDA, For some reason I feel like I should disagree with you... Your talking about game as a black or white option.. nothing in this world is black or white... there is always variation and degrees, whether it be a trait or color or whatever.

So what if a roo would fight to the death one day, but maybe the next month he wont... Would that be considered game? What if you never had the chance to see him run, and only ever saw him win? would you still think he is game, not knowing that he would run if he was losing?

I game will run if is sick .
There are some "game" that will run if there are molting feather ,cos a bird there is not cold blooded molting feather will hurt like wounds

A gameness bird molting or not molting will always be game

I am a closet AGF lover. I do have a banty AGF/OEGB cross roo myself that I love! He is my main man.

Anyhow, my question to you knowlegable peeps is: there is a agf [mixed bloodlines] roo appox 4-5 months old that lives at the stables I keep my horse at. He is very unusual in that he has a girlish looking comb& no wattles but does have a few hackle & saddle feathers coming in. He has very long, thin white legs and NO red streak down them. Does have spur nubs and I have heard him crow but very seldom. He is shunned by the hens and roo in the pen where he lives. He is a BBR color. I have never seen a fowl that has traits from both male and female, what are your thoughts on this? I am just curious. Thank you
smile.png
I can get a picture of him, just gotta remember to take the camera out there!
tongue.png

A lot of my young fowl dont have combs or wattles until 7-8 months.... if he is just getting his saddle feathers than his comb and waddles will start coming in soon. I have several 5-6 months old right now that dont crow, and have undeveloped waddles and combs. In my fowl, the peacombs start developing really late. Single combs seem to develop sooner and end up be much larger.

Nice hairdo and your main man... reallly big looking banty.

I'd like to see a picture of the young AGF...

To me, it IS black and white, and exactly why it is so difficult to breed gamefowl. Once a bird is fully mature, there is never any kind of excuse to not be game. If I had a sick bird on my yard, it wouldn't get the chance to see if it was game or not, as it would be culled out. Moult shouldn't have anything to do with gameness either. If you had a bird that you question it's gameness just one time when fully mature, it's not game either. I don't care how good the blood line is, it would get it's head pulled off. If you have this kind of thing happen more than once in a blue moon, it's time to scrap the whole line.

Is pretty clear Cuda or is white or is black .
I was just trying to point some aspects.
When I refer to games or "games"

Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding, but I fully understand and agree with your view on gameness, even if what I, mistakenly, say makes it seem otherwise! The show shouldn't have anything to do with gameness being present, but what I was trying to say is that certain shows often do, more easily, allow a non-game bird to pass/win. Such as LK and Tape. (Two extremes, lol) As is known, a bird may be expired before it could've even ran, in the LK. A Tape bird that wins in Tape may be found to not be game when put up to artificial heels. As we both agree, if a bird is game, that means it'll show through blunt force trauma (Tape) or steel. A bird that shows in one and runs in another isn't game. Gameness is unconditional.

JShubin> Gameness is so simple yet so complicated, huh!? Indeed there are birds that may die fighting for the victory, but do they pass that on? Will they do it every time? No, just 'cause a bird is killed doesn't mean it is game (as I was saying above). And just 'cause a bird wins doesn't mean it is game (above). As far as it varying, good point you bring up, but it is from a faulty understanding of gameness. Any variances aren't varying gameness, rather, it is a variance in aggression. But yes, there are variances you may witness, you have: Very aggressive and determined; Little aggression and no determination; All aggression and couldn't have more determination, it won't ever back down, never, no matter what it's put through, with who, or how many times, for however long, it passes such genes on and - it's game. Yes, game is simple, it is black and white, if you understand what it is and that it is not just a lot of aggression and a little determination, but the willingness to die fighting for the victory, every time, anytime, all day long, and it passes such on. But you could still mistake something for being game (and breed it) that isn't, in fact, it's scary to think how easy it is to do so.

Here is another cockrel from Franky Black... bred to one of Fabio's daughters. Named "Blondie" despite not being a blond (Grey). Thats what happens when you let your daughters name roosters they like. LOL

He is a little small in my opinion, but has nice conformation. Usually his wing is tucked in nicely but for some reason he had it dropped a little, maybe because of heat. I need to find a home for him soon, because I got some replacements coming up in age that will need his pen.

Gorgeous!!

Back
Top Bottom