show trailer

jenjscott

Mosquito Beach Poultry
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Southeast Arkansas
I took an old ATV trailer and re-purposed it for a show trailer. I can fit all of my chickens in my car, but I can't fit mine and my daughter and her chickens. It has a tarp to cover it with, and the chickens go in their individual boxes inside the trailer. It needs some paint, but the important part is getting there.

10901_trailer.jpg

Awesome!

I am thinking about how to transport my birds. I have blazer, which makes for a stinky trip, or I borrow a truck with a topper that gets 12mi/gallon (ouch!).

I'm getting a car that gets great gas milage and was thinking about buying/building something similar. Have you used it yet? How do the birds like it?

I like the rubber mat idea. I was planning on putting straps across the trailer to hold the crates against the front wall. Three across fit perfect, so no side sliding on a full row. I took it to town to get new tires, and a good thing too, it was falling off the trailer by the time I got home, so I had to do a little engineering. Hopefully it is now roadworthy, I will take it out again to make sure. Its also big enough for smaller sheep and goats, and turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom