Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

ha yeah i been trying not to incubate anything myself and its hard too lol thanks glad ya liked them, i had to help them out of the egg or they would of never hatched they are lil over a month old

Okay, some questions from a total newbie on Showgirls... I've read quite a few posts but am still confused.

I had a turken hen that I crossed with a silkie rooster (actually she was running with two roosters, a black and a blue). All the babies are from these 3. This is what I have of their offspring:

2 NN, standard size, with regular feathers. One rooster, one hen. Grey skin. 4 toes.
2 standard size hens, black skin, 5 toes, blue lobes.
1 standard hen, black skin, 5 toes, red lobes.
1 bantam hen, black skin, 5 toes, blue lobes.
I also have several that came out as silkies.

Who should I keep to breed and to what? If I understand right my two naked necks I should cross with silkies... Will the hens that came out with smooth feathers carry the NN gene and be able to produce NN if crossed back to silkies? And the ones that came out silkie are silkie and will always produce silkies?

Help please :) Trying to decide who I should keep to breed for my 2nd generation showgirls and who should go lay eggs for my breakfast :)

Okay, some questions from a total newbie on Showgirls... I've read quite a few posts but am still confused.

I had a turken hen that I crossed with a silkie rooster (actually she was running with two roosters, a black and a blue). All the babies are from these 3. This is what I have of their offspring:

2 NN, standard size, with regular feathers. One rooster, one hen. Grey skin. 4 toes.

Who should I keep to breed and to what? If I understand right my two naked necks I should cross with silkies... Will the hens that came out with smooth feathers carry the NN gene and be able to produce NN if crossed back to silkies? And the ones that came out silkie are silkie and will always produce silkies?

Help please :) Trying to decide who I should keep to breed for my 2nd generation showgirls and who should go lay eggs for my breakfast :)
you go buy showgirl to breed to your silkies un less u want spent next 5to 10 years tring get every thing right

breed your nake neck babies back to silkies

Has anyone successfully hatched paint showgirls from ordered eggs with black skin, 5 toes, vaulted skulls, and walnut combs? I just hatched a batch from silkie_sue that were reputed to be from really good quality birds. Lo and behold, quantity tends to kill quality, and nearly ALL the babies have LOTS of pink skin, so I can't use them at all, after paying quite a lot for quality stock. I need to find a breeder with a history of sending birds with good skin genes, as well as the other silkie traits. This shouldn't be difficult, but I can't find anyone who fully articulates that their paint showgirl stock exhibits all the characteristics that they should. I have seen plenty of pics of birds that do, however, so it should not be impossible to find someone who can send me some eggs with genuine potential.

Last edited:
i am looking for the same thing but i think i have decided to just find some high quality paint silkies and a high quality black showgirl rooster and go from there. my goal is in a couple years to have some non bowtie paint showgirls of high quality. guess i will see how this works out in a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom