Catherinecal

Hatching
Mar 19, 2021
One of my little chickens is sick and has been for a few days now. I'm very worried for her because she seems so weak that she's unable to drink or eat. She doesn't move a lot either and usuly just stays under a Bush tail down and eyes closed. At first I thought she was egg bound so I gave her a massage in some warm water and Epsom salt but I couldn't feel any egg so I popped my finger through her vent but still nothing . She also has a really poopy bum, thee poop is quite green and I can also hear her stomach squirming and rumble when I'm near her. Please help if you have idea what she has,thanks🙏

One of my little chickens is sick and has been for a few days now. I'm very worried for her because she seems so weak that she's unable to drink or eat. She doesn't move a lot either and usuly just stays under a Bush tail down and eyes closed. At first I thought she was egg bound so I gave her a massage in some warm water and Epsom salt but I couldn't feel any egg so I popped my finger through her vent but still nothing . She also has a really poopy bum, thee poop is quite green and I can also hear her stomach squirming and rumble when I'm near her. Please help if you have idea what she has,thanks🙏
Did you feel her crop? Is it full? Hard? Squishy?
Have you cleaned up her backside?
I would confine her to a crate in a warm, quiet location so you can monitor her better. She needs to be hydrated if she hasn't been drinking.
How old is she?

Did you feel her crop? Is it full? Hard? Squishy?
Have you cleaned up her backside?
I would confine her to a crate in a warm, quiet location so you can monitor her better. She needs to be hydrated if she hasn't been drinking.
How old is she?
She's a year old now. Thankfully she's making a bit more of an effort with food and water but she's still super weak. Her crop is squishy.

Back
Top Bottom