Sick hen

Kathryn885

Hatching
May 16, 2024
Hi all,

I have a silver laced wyn that has been ill off and on for about a month. She’s not laying eggs, she’s lethargic, she’s only drinking at this point. At first we thought she had a crop issue because her neck/chest looked enlarged. Took her to the vet and they did xray.. crop was empty. She’s had clear vomit/ saliva at times and anytime she drinks or eats she’s constantly adjusting her neck. The vet was concerned about her neck in the xray. But didn’t know what to make of it .. I’ve tried amtyl for a while, all the water supplements, and just dewormed her ( never dewormed before) she’s barely eating or drinking now :/ my daughter is distraught and I’ve tried everything .. if anyone can help I’d appreciate it. I’ve attached pics of her neck, poop and xray she is much more pale now and not eating at all, I just recently saw not to mix antibiotics with electrolytes I was doing that .. should I try it again without mixing? I just dewormed her bc I read about capilla worms in esophagus .. :/ I don’t want to over do it as she looks very weak at this point

Attachments

• IMG_1897.jpeg
    IMG_1897.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1891.jpeg
    IMG_1891.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1881.jpeg
    IMG_1881.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1880.jpeg
    IMG_1880.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1878.jpeg
    IMG_1878.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    866.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi all,

I have a silver laced wyn that has been ill off and on for about a month. She’s not laying eggs, she’s lethargic, she’s only drinking at this point. At first we thought she had a crop issue because her neck/chest looked enlarged. Took her to the vet and they did xray.. crop was empty. She’s had clear vomit/ saliva at times and anytime she drinks or eats she’s constantly adjusting her neck. The vet was concerned about her neck in the xray. But didn’t know what to make of it .. I’ve tried amtyl for a while, all the water supplements, and just dewormed her ( never dewormed before) she’s barely eating or drinking now :/ my daughter is distraught and I’ve tried everything .. if anyone can help I’d appreciate it. I’ve attached pics of her neck, poop and xray she is much more pale now and not eating at all, I just recently saw not to mix antibiotics with electrolytes I was doing that .. should I try it again without mixing? I just dewormed her bc I read about capilla worms in esophagus .. :/ I don’t want to over do it as she looks very weak at this point
Whoops that’s not her poop, although it looks similar

Back
Top Bottom