Sick Muscovy

This is hopefully the last update to this thread. Goon 2 finished her antibiotics on Sunday morning, and is doing great! She seems fully recovered, and the implant seems to be working to give her her well earned rest. Thank you all for your support and advice! I can’t add a picture today as it is pouring rain, but she’s looking bright and healthy and blissfully happy due to some flooding (picture kids outside during a snow day).
I am so glad to know she is doing well!

Sadly, I have to revive this thread as Goon 2 is having a relapse. I think she’s been internally laying, and I’m quite concerned about EYP. Thankfully, her vet prescribed a few extra antibiotic pills the last time she was sick, so I’ve started her back on them. I also gave her a dose of calcium, and she passed some of the awful material. I called her veterinary hospital. Her regular vet is on vacation, as is the exotics vet at the ER vet. However she’s got an appointment tomorrow AM with someone new. She could definitely use some healing vibes as I think she may be sicker than last time :(

Sadly, I have to revive this thread as Goon 2 is having a relapse. I think she’s been internally laying, and I’m quite concerned about EYP. Thankfully, her vet prescribed a few extra antibiotic pills the last time she was sick, so I’ve started her back on them. I also gave her a dose of calcium, and she passed some of the awful material. I called her veterinary hospital. Her regular vet is on vacation, as is the exotics vet at the ER vet. However she’s got an appointment tomorrow AM with someone new. She could definitely use some healing vibes as I think she may be sicker than last time :(
Im
Sorry to hear about her relapse
I’m sending prayers and healing vibes for Goon 2

Praying she will feel better soon.

So sorry to hear this. Will sure be praying for her. Maybe give her more than one does of the calcium and see if more will pass?
You and poor Goon 2 are in my thoughts. Hope everything goes well! :hugs
Im
Sorry to hear about her relapse
I’m sending prayers and healing vibes for Goon 2
Praying she will feel better soon.
Thank you all very much! I gave her more calcium with her evening antibiotic. I rudely plucked her off her sleeping perch to do so! I will update tomorrow after her appointment.

Ok, she’s home! She got another implant + a longer course of antibiotics + Meloxicam. I also had them send out a fecal with the material she provided on the way there.

I do think that there is something structurally unsound about her that is causing repeated issues, but if I can just get her through until October, she will naturally go on her 6 month laying break, and that will give her time to heal.

She is now resting with her sisters in the duckio. Goon 1 was very happy to see her return!

Thank you all for you kind thoughts and for your advice. I will update when I can!

Back
Top Bottom