SICK PEACOCK NEAD HELP!!!

FRANCO2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 3, 2012
MEXICO guadalajara.
I HAVE A SICK PEACOCK, HE IS 9 MONTHS OLD. HE HAS MORE THAN A WEEK GASPING FOR AIR. HE RAISES HIS HEAD UP HIGH AND OPENS HIS BEAK WIDE OPEN AND THEN MAKES LIKE A SNEEZE SOUND. WHAT COULD IT BE???

I would wait and see now, it is a 9 month bird so it should be smaller than a full size pea and the dose will be adequate. Ivermectin will need no immediate treatment follow up. Have you looked down the throat for obstruction? It may not be all about worming. It could have something stuck in the throat also, string, stick, anything.
1. Assess the bird. Is it light in weight compared to others or when previously held?
2. Is it drinking and eating?
3. Isolate and keep the bird comfortable and warm
4. You have wormed the bird so this is covered. In two weeks you can give a follow up.
5. Does it look like its feathers are fluffed out and ruffled?
6. Look for sinus discharge, if it is not a parasite or obstruction there could be an infection requiring antibiotics. Tylan 200 is a good one for oral dosing if needed.

Be systematic and good luck

THANK YOU ALL. YES I'M IN MEXICO. HE IS EATING AND DRINKING NORMALLY,HIS WEIGHT IS ABOUT 3 KG. I GAVE HIM IVERMECTIN LIKE 5 DAYS AGO AND I DON'T SEE ALOT OF IMPROVEMENT BUT AT LEAST HE'S NOT GASPING FOR AIR AS MUCH AS LAST WEEK
sad.png
I LOOKED DOWN THE THROAT FOR OBSTRUCTION AND I DIDN'T SEE NOTHING ABNORMAL. SHOULD I WAIT FOR A FEW DAYS TO GIVE HIM ""BAYTRIL antibiotic''''''' OR SHOULD I DO IT TODAY?

Back
Top Bottom