Silkie Colour/Gender inquiry?

Gladysandfriends

In the Brooder
May 5, 2024
Hey everyone! Any thoughts on what colour this silkie is? Any thoughts on gender too? When I got her/him I was told she/he was a silver partridge, was grey with the brown/black chipmunk stripes as a small chick. Just over 7 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_4335.jpeg
    IMG_4335.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4318.jpeg
    IMG_4318.jpeg
    719 KB · Views: 9
I would say definitely that's a partridge silkie. Very pretty!

Silkies can't be sexed until they are around 4-5 months old, but that one's leaning pullet to me. I'm always 50% right trying to sex them this early. ☺️
Thanks! Do you think silver partridge is correct? And I’m leaning towards hen based on her stance and behaviour but not holding my breathe!

Thanks! Do you think silver partridge is correct? And I’m leaning towards hen based on her stance and behaviour but not holding my breathe!
No, not really.

This would be more what they mean by silver. I have another that looks like yours and she's beautiful. Marsha 1.jpg

The one that you're might grow up to be is more similar to this one way on the left. Yours will be prettier though as mine is pet quality. The other's she grew up with were fancies.
four of them 11-12-23.jpg

No, not really.

This would be more what they mean by silver. I have another that looks like yours and she's beautiful. View attachment 3822487

The one that you're might grow up to be is more similar to this one way on the left. Yours will be prettier though as mine is pet quality. The other's she grew up with were fancies.
View attachment 3822509
Oh thank you! Yes, she (or he) came from a breeder that does show lines. I specifically asked for a silver partridge because I think they’re a really nice colour at maturity, but really interested to see what she turns into. Thanks for the photo, gives me a better idea of what to expect 😊

Any thoughts on the gender of this one? It’s the same age as the other partridge but its crest is taking its time coming in. I go back and forth if it’s a roo or pullet. Instinct tells me it’s a he though.

Attachments

• IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom