Silkie Egg Hatch-along! Hatch date: 4/19/22

Apr 2, 2022
Hey Everyone! My sister and i just recently set seven silkie eggs (+ 3 barnyard mixes) in our homemade incubator. We have candled them all and so far all the silkie eggs seem to be developing nicely, as well as two of the barnyard mixes. The other mix seems like it might have never been fertile, but we are keeping it in the incubator for a couple more days since it is so early in the incubation process and the shell is kind of hard to see through. The temp and humidity have been fairly steady and hopefully, our little homemade incubator will continue to do well. :D

I will try to keep everyone updated as well as possible! Cant wait for hatch day! If you have any questions, just post them down below!

Not sure if anyone has joined yet, but we ended up taking the one egg we decided was infertile out and after cracking it open we found that we were correct.

We candles all the eggs yesterday and everyone else is alive! Super exciting, and hoping for a high hatch rate!

hello everybody! sorry for the lack of updates, its been so busy around here!

On day eight we did sadly have one of the silkie egg bebes die. Were not sure of the cause, all the other eggs have been doing great. We think it just might have been a quiter. Anyway, the eggs went into lockdown yesterday (which was day 18) and we have since seen most of the eggs moving! the humidity has been holding steady around 60%-65% and we're hoping for some pips in the near future! Stay tuned, there should be some egg bebes coming out soon!

also feel free to leave any hatch-along stories you have experienced. Im kinda stressed out about the hatch, even though everything has been going according to plan, but it would help to have some encouraging hatch stories as well as something to do while i wait for some pippers!

thanks to anyone who is following along!

hello everybody! sorry for the lack of updates, its been so busy around here!

On day eight we did sadly have one of the silkie egg bebes die. Were not sure of the cause, all the other eggs have been doing great. We think it just might have been a quiter. Anyway, the eggs went into lockdown yesterday (which was day 18) and we have since seen most of the eggs moving! the humidity has been holding steady around 60%-65% and we're hoping for some pips in the near future! Stay tuned, there should be some egg bebes coming out soon!

also feel free to leave any hatch-along stories you have experienced. Im kinda stressed out about the hatch, even though everything has been going according to plan, but it would help to have some encouraging hatch stories as well as something to do while i wait for some pippers!

thanks to anyone who is following along!

How did it go with your hatch?😊

Back
Top Bottom